Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche lays down incredible lap time at the ring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
There is a story in this months Pano about the 918 testing at the ring and ripping off a lap of 6:57. This is about 45-50 seconds faster than today's fastest production cars.

This car is so expensive, I'm not sure what the marketing plan is in Zuffenhausen or even if there is one. I guess they figure if they build it there will be buyers. It all depends if the billionaires out there are car guys.

The 918 will cost the same as a Carrera GT, GT2, GT3, a Cayenne GTS, and a Panamera; roughly...the 918 price tag is $845,000; add a Cayman S to the list for the Weissach" package which drops the weight of the car 77 lbs. to 3,615 (wow that's a heavy sports car), or $929,000. (or 62 fully restored 914's)

Price and who could afford one aside, I think this car may be a game changer.
siverson
I think that's about 18 fully restored 914s. smile.gif

-Steve
Type 47
QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 17 2013, 07:11 PM) *

I think that's about 18 fully restored 914s. smile.gif

-Steve

if fully restored 914's were worth $51,610...of course that includes the Wiessach package on the 918...I used a value of $15k for the fully restore 914...did not include 6's in the mix.
Elliot Cannon
I wrote a check for a deposit on one of these. When the check bounces, I expect they'll cancel the order. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.