Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 225 MPH and in Last Place
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
How would you like to be going 225MPh and be in last place on the track?

The fastest I've ever gone is 140 in my Camero and I thought that was flying. smile.gif
Brad Roberts
I backed out of a V8 930 at a VDO indicated 170 MPH (On hwy 20 in Texas) The car was smooth as silk.

B
Gint
It's really hard to post a reply and not actually look at a thread.

I'm out working on the car and letting Tivo record the race for me. I'd appreciate it if nobody spills the beans on the winner or anything in a thread title until waaaayyy later tonight.

Speaking of the car, I'm thoroughly disgusted at this point. I'm tired of this thing running my life. It may be time to scale back and push the schedule out.
Brad Roberts
Can I say Michael Andretti's wife is HOT ??

Take a break Gint.. dont get burnt out.

B
Gint
It may too late to avoid burnout.

The front trunk seal channel is jacked. I may have to replace fenders, headlight housings, a portion of the cowl where it meets the fender... I don't know what all else.

(*&$#@_! Expletive deleted for sensitive board members.

Paint stripper sucks BTW. I'm never opening that can again.

And yeah, Mrs. Andretti is hot.
Joe Bob
Powertools Gint......stripper just burns yer skin.....powertools make yer dick larger.... aktion035.gif
Joe Bob
See?
PatW
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 25 2003, 09:01 AM)
I backed out of a V8 930 at a VDO indicated 170 MPH (On hwy 20 in Texas)

155 Mph indicated on Hwy 25 south between Hollister and Kings City on board a Honda CBR 900RR.
Great 914 road too but, its a bust now. Too many wild bunch bikers are attracting the attention of the CHP this summer. If you know a great racer road, keep it to yourself and a few of your friends. <_<
airsix
I've taken a flat-six turbo to over 200mph. (Yawn)
Drove with one hand, carried on a conversation with a passenger, read a map, looked at the scenery....

(I love those Mooneys. Maybe some day I'll own one)
scottb
speedo buried (120 and going BOING) in a 1952 crown victoria with a souped up flat head between cheyenne and denver. floated like a ship on rolling seas but we were 19 (year 1982) and bullet proof. wonder how we lived through that one.....
seanery
pics of indy can be seen here:
Indy Pics
PatW
QUOTE(airsix @ May 25 2003, 02:35 PM)
I've taken a flat-six turbo to over 200mph. (Yawn)
Drove with one hand, carried on a conversation with a passenger, read a map, looked at the scenery....

I give up.. You win! pray.gif
Zeke
At one point they were going to black flag FoytIV. He was lapping (or napping) at 197. I won't spoil it for Ginter by telling who was the winner, but Foyt finished last of the running cars.

Gint, you're having a bad day. We all have those. Take the trash can and throw it completely across the street. If that doesn't make you feel better, do it again and go over and kick the shit out of it. If that doesn't work, you're really having a bad day. Go to bed. mad.gif
Gint
OK, I saw it. Damn shame Andretti couldn't walk away with an Indy win.
Elliot_Cannon
Three Oclock in the morning on the toll road between Orange County and the 91 freeway. 120 MPH, headlights some distance behind me. Ignoring them, concentrating on what I was doing. About a minute later...a car pulls up next to me. Big medallion on the door. California Highway Patrol!!!! I slow to 70, look over and shrug my shoulders. He wags his finger at me, ( the pointy one ) and speeds off. Has anyone been that close?
Cheers, Elliot
Curvie Roadlover
Close call, Elliott.
By the way, Anyone remember what Michael Andretti's first wife looked like? Not so hot, and I heard she had a personality to match.
URY914
I think Micheal's first wife was his high school girl friend turned wife. She was a piece of work- that hat and matching jacket with the gold trim she wore to the race one year sets my wife off every time.

The new wife makes up for her.

Paul
seanery
Damn Elliot!!!

You are one lucky sob....go to vegas and bet the house (your house, that is)!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.