Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Type 4 Target Compression
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Question for the Tech Trust.
What's the compression ratio that everyone targets on a type 4 2.0 rebuild?
Stock compression approx 8.0 + or shoot for 9.0+
These decisions are based on a daily driver / stock / pump gas/ higher than normal cam.
Thanks in advance for your comments / suggestions.
I'm ready piratenanner.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Carbs? FI? Whatever, under 8:1. My VERY knowledgeable engine guys say 7.5 on today's fuel here in CA.

The Cap'n
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 18 2013, 06:01 PM) *

Carbs? FI? Whatever, under 8:1. My VERY knowledgeable engine guys say 7.5 on today's fuel here in CA.

The Cap'n

Cap'n I'm happy you chim in. I'm going to use FI.
yeahmag
Stock or atermarket cam?
Cap'n Krusty
You'll be VERY sorry you used a " higher than normal cam" if you use stock FI. BTDT. There are fans of Jake's EFI cam, but I have no experience with it and cannot comment on it. I believe he's done his homework, however, and his claims have facts to support them. DO NOT believe the claims made by the sales department of WebCam!

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
The European-spec 2.0 914 engine ran 8:1 compression and was spec'ed for mid-grade gasoline.

...Another data point for you...

--DD
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Oct 18 2013, 08:09 PM) *

Stock or atermarket cam?

After market -DC. Highest lift while still utilizing FI.
After buying your deck height tool two years ago. I'm finally going to use it -smile.gif
yeahmag
Typically the cam will mention a target CR. Who did you buy it from?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 18 2013, 08:45 PM) *

The European-spec 2.0 914 engine ran 8:1 compression and was spec'ed for mid-grade gasoline.

...Another data point for you...

--DD

Mid-grade early 1970s European gasoline, not US formulation for the time, and NOT what we have today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.