Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martinef1963
Gents - I've got a Haynes book and it makes reference to a spring after moving your seat all the way forward?

I have a 72 914 and am trying to get the seats off without having to remove the bolts that hold it down to the frame.

Can someone tell me about these mysterious springs the Haynes manual refers too? Also - just let me know if I have to reove the two bolts on each rail to get the seat off.

thanks,
markb
There is a spring you push up on when the seat is in the full forward position. It's on the opposite rail that the lever is. Just push the spring up, and pull the seat forward & off the rails. HTH.
Root_Werks
It isn't a coil type spring. yep, opposite side of the lever. Once all the way forward, it is a safety spring or rather a small metal tab you push up, or else it grabs a little metal pin not allowing the seat to go forward any further. It is on the rail on the seat side. You should get your finger greasy when you find it. Also, don't push hard forward against the seat will trying to push the little tab up. Move the seat all the way forward, then back it up just a tad, makes pushing the tab up easier. IPB Image
martinef1963
THANKS - GENTS!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.