Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extremely high quality 914-6 GT replica for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
moparrob
Well, for some time I've been thinking about parting with my beautiful 914-6 GT conversion project but I have finally have made a decision to follow through on trying to find a good home for it. I've had the car for three years now and for the last six months it has been sitting. The car is almost complete and, as you will see from the discussion below, all parts have been purchased and it really just needs final assembly at this point.

IPB Image

I really don't want the car to sit any longer without making some progress, and it seems like I'm having difficulty getting motivated to finish the project. I would really like to find someone who is capable of bringing the car to the finish line at the same high level quality which has been put into the car to date.

As you will see from the below description, there has been a substantial amount of time and money put into this project, with current receipts in excess of $40,000.00 between the work the prior owner put into it and the funds I've invested in doing the conversion.

EXCELLENT CONDITION - 914-6 GT
metal flared replica built from a California purchased and owned 1974 2.0 liter.
VIN: 4742916514 , manufactured 04/74

This car was taken to the last bolt literally. The parts were acquired over a span of 7 years then the car was built. It has less than 500 miles on it since it was completed in 1998. The car has not been registered since 1998 and has been garaged since that time.

This car was on the track twice for Porsche club driver’s education events for tuning the suspension and shock settings after corner balancing the car.

All hardware that was removed and kept was cadmium plated, the complete suspension, wiper arms, gas tank, roll bar and other parts are powder coated. The flares are factory Porsche 914-GT part numbers, the wheels are Fuchs 7 & 8 x 16” and flawless. The tires are hardly used (but now 15 years old) Bridgestone SO-1’s.

Conversion parts: Rich Johnson engine conversion mount, Perry Kiehl 914-6 engine conversion wiring harness, MSDS 1 5/8 inch headers for 914-6 with ceramic coating, 6 cyl tach - early style with silver button on needle, Kennedy conversion flywheel with Stage 2 clutch, new throw out bearing, custom combo dash gauge (oil pressure, temp, fuel, volts).

Engine: There isn’t one currently installed but includes a recently refreshed 1979 3.0 liter with large 39mm port heads, Carrera tensioners, Turbo valve covers with fins trimmed to clear trailing arms then powder coated. Jerry Woods complete distributor rebuild/re-curve, MSD 6-AL Ignition box, MSD Blaster high vibration coil, Magnecor Spark Plug wires, new plugs. Valve clearances recently set.

Dual Weber 40 IDA 3C carbs/manifolds/linkage, completely rebuilt and bench tested by Paul at Performance Oriented. Intake manifolds are glass beaded, port matched to the heads, brand new gaskets and phenolic spacers. New K&N Filters and powder coated rain hats.

914-6 Sheet metal (not fiberglass), powder coated fan, shroud, with yellow cad plating on carb linkage and fan pulley. Heater block off plates installed.

914-6 engine oil cooler adapted for 914 use with AN fittings, Patrick Motorsports 914-6 oil tank with AN fittings, Mazda RX-7 front oil cooler with AN fittings, Mocal external thermostat and custom braided lines to tie it all together.

New high torque starter, Holley 120 Fuel pump, filter, Holley regulator, all plumbed with hard line and anodized -6 AN fittings.

Transmission: Transmission: 5 speed standard ratios and it was re-built with about 1,000 miles currently on it. Installed 914-6 mid plate with 914-6 throttle linkage included. Was recently taken apart, examined and re-sealed. The shift rod was modified for the headers, powder coated black, all side shifter parts were replaced, and all shifter bushings are new.

Body: Completely stripped and done correctly by Eurotech Bodywerks in Totem Lakem, Washington. They are a much respected and sought after body shop for fine autos. The battery tray was replaced with repro parts and a small bit of rust was taken care of before the paint was applied. The metal flares are genuine Porsche. The bumper has reconditioned fog lamps with powder coated backs, new lenses.

Suspension and brakes: Rear - The rear suspension was completely removed and bead blasted. The arms were strengthened with the Automotion kit which was welded on. The suspension arms were prepped like body work then they were powder coated black. New poly-graphite bushings and bearings were installed. The rear brakes are 914 with braided lines, 911 cross-drilled rotors attached to machined and hardened 914-6 half shaft adapters. Weltmeister 22mm rear sway bar.

Front - Adjustable perches and Koni adjustable shocks are installed. The sway bar attachment points were welded to the arms then the arms, mount, steering rack and cross tube were powder coated and rebuilt with new poly graphite bushings, bearing, seals and 911 SC struts with Koni shocks, turbo tie rods, ball joints, etc.

The torsion bars are stock size. The front brakes are 911 SC and the pads are Padgid RS-4, with stainless steel braided brake lines. Front sway bars are 22mm with improved front adapters and are adjustable for balancing or preloading installed using poly graphite bushings.

Interior and trunks: completely gutted, prepped and repainted. All trunk hardware and plastic was replaced with new or cadmium plated original parts. A roll bar was designed for this car, built and powder coated red and fitted to the car using bolts so it can be removed to access the rear panel.

A 911 (6 cylinder) tach was installed in the stock location. All gauges have been rebuilt to early specs, with chrome button on needles, by North Hollywood Speedometer. Also has custom quad gauge from New Vintage gauges with combination amps, oil pressure, fuel level and oil temperature.

IPB Image

A Weltmeister short shift kit is installed, sound proofing was melted and formed into place with heat guns inside the doors (nice door slam not tinny - but 911 like) and also installed on the floor pans, foot well, and sills and rear bulkhead.

Includes premium Porsche crest embossed custom floor mats. A MOMO leather steering wheel and new shifter knob are installed.

The pedal cluster was removed bead blasted, powder coated, new silicon brass bushings, springs and pedal pads installed.

Power, heated 944 mirrors are installed. A switch for selecting the mirror you want to adjust and new basket weave vinyl are on the dash. A 911 mirror adjustment switch is located on the driver’s door armrest in a convenient location.

A Sony CD/FM radio is installed with a Hirschman electric flat black antenna. A 75 watt stereo power amp is installed under the dash. New knobs where needed are used. The dash panel has a slight crack that can be fixed by a competent vinyl repair service or it can be replaced.

Includes power leather 1989 Porsche 964 seats with TRW 5 point harnesses with TRW pads that are fine for use on the street. All heater cables and switches were overhauled and adjusted and everything works. Electric window washer motor operated via a mini switch in the turn signal arm in place of the pneumatic one that comes with the car.

Doors: The doors were removed from the car, stripped and painted, sound deadening material was molded in place, the window mechanisms were cleaned and lubricated, the doors were cut for speakers, and a thick Mylar film was adhered to the interior side of the doors for moisture protection.

Custom 911 style door panels are in place and the backs have been waterproofed. The doors close with authority and a thud not like a typical 914 door slam. All hardware was restored and plated or replaced as required.

Headlights: Were completely restored including bushings where needed. The motors were checked, contacts cleaned, all mechanisms were cad plated and assembled with new bushings where needed. Hella Z-beam lights with up-rated blubs installed (higher wattage). Everything adjusted and assemblies are working fine.

Wheels and tires: Fuchs 7 and 8” off of a 930 turbo show car polished with black centers, painted crest hubs with locks, locking wheel nuts, Bridgestone SO-1 tires.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The car needs the following:

Install engine, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch transmission. (All included)

Finish front oil cooler installation (fabricate cooler shroud, complete wiring for electric fans, connect braided lines).

Finish interior wiring (reconfigure dash gauge wiring for combo quad gauge, install new fuse panel, run power to electric seats, install new engine harness, wire in MSD box, wire in cooler fans, wire in fuel pump)

Paint front fiberglass bumper black.

Install new carpet

Complete and show quality other than that.

So to summarize, as you can imagine, there has been well over $40,000 spent on this car getting it to its present stage. I have receipts for the majority of those costs.

If you are truly interested in such a project I would be willing to part with it for $22,000.00. Please, no ridiculous lowball offers. I am really not pressured to sell the car but I would like to see someone who is capable and worthy finish the car and enjoy it like it was intended.

If this is something you might be interested in please PM me and we can talk further.

Rob
Cairo94507
OMG! That is the smokin' deal of all deals. If I did not have a Six that would be the car to buy. GLWTS - Again, that appears to be one hell of a lot of car for very little money.
JeffBowlsby
Was this car originally Light Ivory? 4742916514 is within the LE VIN range. Do you have a COA by chance?
moparrob
Yes, it was (and still is) Light Ivory.I have not requested a COA since the car has been modified.

BTW- thanks again for the excellent harness you made Jeff.
JeffBowlsby
Better than 50% chance it is an LE then. You can just call 1800PORSCHE ext 5 and ask them to verify if its an LE. They should be able to confirm it verbally. Chances are good it is. There is more than 1 hotrod LE on the Registry.
Evil914
That's a fine work of art! pray.gif
rhodyguy
GREAT ad too! smilie_pokal.gif bargain priced. glwys.

k
moparrob
Thanks for all the kind words and interest.

Weekend BTT.

icon_bump.gif
PanelBilly
Somebody needs to buy this car and finish it as a killer creamsickle.
moparrob
Someone did.

Car is sold pending pick up this weekend.

Thanks for the inquiries.
rick 918-S
Too cheap! Nice! The new owner will be getting a bargain. Make it a hot rod creamer! aktion035.gif
carr914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 1 2013, 11:22 PM) *

Too cheap! Nice! The new owner will be getting a bargain. Make it a hot rod creamer! aktion035.gif

agree.gif
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(moparrob @ Oct 30 2013, 08:17 PM) *

Someone did.

Car is sold pending pick up this weekend.

Thanks for the inquiries.

did this sale happen? or is there still a chance to purchase?
moparrob
Gone, but not forgotten...
eric9144
headbang.gif Was just going to ping you about it this week, I'd finally gotten the green light from the wife to spend $$...I knew it would sell quickly when it got out there!
deputydog95
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Nov 14 2013, 07:06 PM) *

headbang.gif Was just going to ping you about it this week, I'd finally gotten the green light from the wife to spend $$...I knew it would sell quickly when it got out there!

Why do I keep missing these deals??? headbang.gif

Did the new owner ever finish it and post pics on here?

rspeed2585
Hi,

If your 914 6 doesn't sell please call me 619 871 1281.

Thank you

Rick

pikespeed
Is the car still for sale?Thanks
eric9144
It sold a few months back
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.