Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: need daily driver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
wrecked my 87 Mercedes 300E on the way to work this morning -- my daily driver. need to replace it. anyone one on here got something he/she has been thinking about selling? HELP!
Root_Werks
Oh man, I can't wait to see the offers come in on this forum. IPB Image I don't have anything, but I would bet a ton of people do. Just give this thread a little time.
skline
If you were out here I could get you something in a day or less. I have a friend who finds cars of all types. The other day he pulled up in an all black on black S500 2001 and it was sweet. He said 27k and it was mine. I passed.
Joe Bob
Well....probably best to get something local to ya....I DO have a 2000 Dodge Dakota four door truck....360ci with a Vortech Blower...but I'm in CA. Where it's gonna be 75 today..... IPB Image
skline
Or he could buy your 914 with a V8 in it. Great daily driver. Excitement everyday to and from work. What more could you ask?
tdgray
I've got a buddy that is selling his Wife's BMW 750iL, I think that's the right number. It's the longer 7 Series. Early 90's I think. I think he was asking about 13K for it. Let me know if you would be interested and I can get you his number.
skline
QUOTE (tdgray @ Dec 20 2004, 09:28 AM)
I've got a buddy that is selling his Wife's BMW 750iL, I think that's the right number. It's the longer 7 Series. Early 90's I think. I think he was asking about 13K for it. Let me know if you would be interested and I can get you his number.

750 or 740? Huge difference between them. Actually about 4 cylinders difference. The 750 would be a very expensive daily driver to put gas in and repair. The BMW 12 cylinder is not a cheap fix. Besides, I think 13k for it would be a little high. More like around 9k for an early 90's car. People out here cant give them away.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 20 2004, 09:00 AM)
Or he could buy your 914 with a V8 in it. Great daily driver. Excitement everyday to and from work. What more could you ask?

Silly Chalon Guy....no heat....gets cold back in O HI O.... IPB Image
skline
But heat is an easy add on with the V8 conversion, Could be done for about $200.00.
skline
From Rod Simpsons web site:

$ 94.00 - Heater Core and Shroud: for use with Porsche heater/blower motor.
Ferg
I've got a 92 GTI with 9k orig miles for 8500, but it would be a shame to see that driven in the salt, if you want another Benz check this out... came across it surfing ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4513411236&rd=1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.