Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Wanted Please ASAP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
marcher
Hi Chaps,

I have been pointed to you chaps via thesamba. I have been looking for a VGC 914 for a long time.

I have been looking for a 914 that is not rusty and does not need a great deal of work. It must be running and driving.

The right car would have some service history.

I don't mind the colour, original would be best.

It will need to be shipped to the UK.

If you know of any that "fit the bill" then please forward me the details.

Many Thanks

Matt beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
you'll save yourself some time, and private messages, if you make a more specific wish list. include your budget expectations. there's a wide spectrum of cars listed. note those that might cause some importation issues regarding MOT rules. happy shopping!
marcher
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 20 2013, 08:04 AM) *

you'll save yourself some time, and private messages, if you make a more specific wish list. include your budget expectations. there's a wide spectrum of cars listed. note those that might cause some importation issues regarding MOT rules. happy shopping!

Ok thanks for the "head up"

I'm not really to fussy about the model. Need to be as original as poss and with history.

Budget wise I have I have $5000 MAX.

cheers
bulitt
5000 pounds, or US dollars? Does that include shipping?
boxsterfan
QUOTE(marcher @ Oct 21 2013, 01:54 PM) *

I'm not really to fussy about the model. Need to be as original as poss and with history.

cheers

I don't think a rust free (non-rusty) 914 is going to include an engine for $5,000 US.
nine9three
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Oct 22 2013, 05:56 PM) *

QUOTE(marcher @ Oct 21 2013, 01:54 PM) *

cheers

I don't think a rust free (non-rusty) 914 is going to include an engine for $5,000 US.

agree.gif
Chris H.
The one Brad has seems very nice. I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet. Color change, but well done.

72 1.7

Doubt he would go to $5k but $5400 seems cheap for that car.

kshighlander
EBAY 914

This was my car a couple months ago on EBAY, make me an offer!
tumamilhem
I've got your car.

1975 w/ rebuilt engine to 2.2
Solid car. Only a few minor cosmetic flaws. Click to view attachment

More pics: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjCTuS26
billh1963
QUOTE(marcher @ Oct 21 2013, 03:54 PM) *

cheers

Original...with history...rust free....$5000 USD max?

That boat sailed a long time ago.
sixaddict

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 15 2013, 07:11 PM) *

QUOTE(marcher @ Oct 21 2013, 03:54 PM) *

cheers

Original...with history...rust free....$5000 USD max?

That boat sailed a long time ago.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
Mikey914
If you budget is flexible you may save yourself a considerable amount of expense later. Yes you can find a car in your budget, but it will more than likely have some items that need attention. For a little more there are some good cars-
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=219724

I was especially impressed with the price on this one as I know how much work it takes to get one to this point.

-Mark
rgalla9146
QUOTE(marcher @ Oct 20 2013, 09:31 AM) *

Hi Chaps,

I have been pointed to you chaps via thesamba. I have been looking for a VGC 914 for a long time.

I have been looking for a 914 that is not rusty and does not need a great deal of work. It must be running and driving.

The right car would have some service history.

I don't mind the colour, original would be best.

It will need to be shipped to the UK.

If you know of any that "fit the bill" then please forward me the details.

Many Thanks

Matt beerchug.gif

Hello Matt
I think you may have been in contact with my friend Ray Mital.
I have a 1973 914 2.0 for sale. I'm sorry for the delay in providing complete information and pictures to you. I've been very busy and have been doing what I consider necessary to present the car properly.
I purchased this car from the original owner.
It is silver with a black interior.
I have service records and can tell you that this is a very original car that has had a single repaint in its past. The paint was done according to the owner because in that era the metallics from Germany were prone to failure.
The car has very little rust.
If you would like to call me I can be reached at 201 291 7994
I hope to be able to provide pictures by this coming weekend.
Please provide your address.
Thank you
Rory Gallagher

MikeInMunich
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Nov 15 2013, 12:40 PM) *

I've got your car.

IMO the red '75 with rebuilt 2.2, yada yada yada is a good value. agree.gif

I reckon that car would go for at least 17k over here in Germany, and that is EUROS, so we're talking well over $20k...BUT...you have to pay sales tax at port and the shipping, etc. etc. so don't all start thinking yer gonna start a 914 importing business... lol-2.gif

As we all know, we more often invest more into these things than can eventually to sell them for. We get hooked and don't care, we just want to see the (poor) thing in the best condition we can get it in, even though we know we'll never get it back. It's a losing proposition, but it's a labor of love. confused24.gif The 914 is something special. To know it is to love it, at least most of the time, though it can also be a love-hate relationship if the thing leaves us hanging (too often!). headbang.gif

A few words of advice to our Newbie from the UK. welcome.png

If you can't do work on these things yourself or get a good buddy that knows WTF he is doing to work for UNDER 20 quid per hour (call it 75 mins!) then keep yer hands OFF anything costing less than $5k. Better yet, keep yer hands off anything less than $9k.

I worked on these things when I was a kid and have just recently returned to my old nemisis to take care of some "unfinished business". I want to FINALLY have one that looks and runs like the best ones I've seen (online) over the years. When you want that you need to be prepared to invest AT LEAST 10k, like you can for this red car, but likely more like AT LEAST 15k and usually more like 20k+ before you're really done / satisfied. smilie_pokal.gif If you want one to be PERFECT, it's more like 25k+ unless you're doing all the work yourself. stirthepot.gif

I have a '73 yellow appearance group with a 2.0 and 916 fender flares and very little rust. It's currently in Austin, TX. It needs some work. I would want $4,750 for it. If you're interested I can send you pictures. bye1.gif

Mike in Munich
tumamilhem
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Nov 21 2013, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Nov 15 20pop les13, 12:40 PM) *

I've got your car.

IMO the red '75 with rebuilt 2.2, yada yada yada is a good value. agree.gif

I reckon that car would go for at least 17k over here in Germany, and that is EUROS, so we're talking well over $20k...BUT...you have to pay sales tax at port and the shipping, etc. etc. so don't all start thinking yer gonna start a 914 importing business... lol-2.gif

As we all know, we more often invest more into these things than can eventually to sell them for. We get hooked and don't care, we just want to see the (poor) thing in the best condition we can get it in, even though we know we'll never get it back. It's a losing proposition, but it's a labor of love. confused24.gif The 914 is something special. To know it is to love it, at least most of the time, though it can also be a love-hate relationship if the thing leaves us hanging (too often!). headbang.gif

A few words of advice to our Newbie from the UK. welcome.png

If you can't do work on these things yourself or get a good buddy that knows WTF he is doing to work for UNDER 20 quid per hour (call it 75 mins!) then keep yer hands OFF anything costing less than $5k. Better yet, keep yer hands off anything less than $9k.

I worked on these things when I was a kid and have just recently returned to my old nemisis to take care of some "unfinished business". I want to FINALLY have one that looks and runs like the best ones I've seen (online) over the years. When you want that you need to be prepared to invest AT LEAST 10k, like you can for this red car, but likely more like AT LEAST 15k and usually more like 20k+ before you're really done / satisfied. smilie_pokal.gif If you want one to be PERFECT, it's more like 25k+ unless you're doing all the work yourself. stirthepot.gif

I have a '73 yellow appearance group with a 2.0 and 916 fender flares and very little rust. It's currently in Austin, TX. It needs some work. I would want $4,750 for it. If you're interested I can send you pictures. bye1.gif

Mike in Munich

Thank you! I think it's a great car at a great buy too. I'd love to market it overseas because they do pay more for nicer examples.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.