Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Singer 911 dash style?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
badmiata
Has anyone done this to their 914? I am referring to the center front dash piece. They used a red and brown paint/dye but it looks like original material. I really like it.
JmuRiz
Which part? I don't think they paint anything but the gauges in their interiors.

IPB Image
If you're talking about the dash face, door panels, and seats...that's just woven leather. Not tough to find, I showed my wife, and she said she could get some if I wanted.
badmiata
Yes, dash face. Not the gauges. So that's just woven leather? It looked like the original pattern there. I think it really divides the dash up nicely.
r_towle
I wonder how hot those grommets get on a nice sunny day with the top left off....

Ouch

Who is singer?
Website?
scotty b
QUOTE(badmiata @ Oct 20 2013, 11:55 AM) *

Yes, dash face. Not the gauges. So that's just woven leather? It looked like the original pattern there. I think it really divides the dash up nicely.

It's just the same basket weave as the seats have, which is basically the same basketweave the 914 has, they just used a different color to offset all the black. I'm guessing they have their own heavier pattern stam;ped as it looks more pronounced than the original

Rich you need to get out more poke.gif

http://singervehicledesign.com/
MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 20 2013, 07:14 PM) *

It's just the same basket weave as the seats have, which is basically the same basketweave the 914 has, they just used a different color to offset all the black. I'm guessing they have their own heavier pattern stam;ped as it looks more pronounced than the original

Maybe.

When he started making these all of the basket weave material used was indeed woven leather - not embossed. He wanted to keep the traditional look of the original material as in the 911's and our cars but wanted it to be a little 'more'.

Unless he's changed his MO, from that photo up there I'd guess thats still custom made woven leather.

scotty b
QUOTE(MDG @ Oct 20 2013, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 20 2013, 07:14 PM) *

Maybe.

When he started making these all of the basket weave material used was indeed woven leather - not embossed. He wanted to keep the traditional look of the original material as in the 911's and our cars but wanted it to be a little 'more'.

Unless he's changed his MO, from that photo up there I'd guess thats still custom made woven leather.

blink.gif That's insane.... blink.gif and you're Canadian. That makes this statement of yours highly doubtful in 'Merca dry.gif I'll have to confirm this with Eric, no doubt he and Mr. Singer are good buds drunk.gif
dlkawashima
It really is woven leather ..... in any color you want.

IPB Image
r_towle
It's woven leather, says so in the interiors section.
MDG
Ha! Scotty. bootyshake.gif

badmiata
WOW, I think that's a tad expensive for me!! So you think that this can be replicated with dye and the OEM piece? I've seen how painted plastics and other interior trim just don't stand up to use. I do think it adds a bit of " elegance " har har but it really breaks up all that black.
r_towle
World upholstery
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 20 2013, 04:28 PM) *

It's woven leather, says so in the interiors section.

Can't read unsure.gif

after seeing that up close pic drooley.gif Looks damn good smile.gif
r_towle
The seats must feel really supple...

Not sure about the brass grommets though.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.