Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wild AZ 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
I saw this car several years ago at a Route 66 event when it was black primer. Looks like the owner got it all finished up. When I saw it last it was a 1.7. It is still a 4 with dual carbs but that is all I could tell. Didn't see the owner anywhere but I did snap a few camera phone pics.
MoveQik
asdf
MoveQik
asdf
MoveQik
asdf
MoveQik
asdf
MoveQik
Last one....
jasons
Right, I saw that car before too. And I've seen pics of it like this but not in person. Didn't make the connection that it was the same car. Good time of year for Pavillions shows.
rjames
Is there a functional reason why the front inner fenders were modified that way? Seems like the design would only serve to mess up a nice paint job a rocks and debris get kicked up from the tires.
mittelmotor
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 21 2013, 09:56 AM) *

Is there a functional reason why the front inner fenders were modified that way? Seems like the design would only serve to mess up a nice paint job a rocks and debris get kicked up from the tires.

It helps to extract air from beneath the car to reduce lift/create downforce. Aesthetically, not my cup of tea.
JmuRiz
Was just going for a 908/3 look:

Hopefully the guy is 60+ and that is the reason for the PBR stickers...otherwise it's too hipster for my liking biggrin.gif
IPB Image
rnellums
I like the use of a wheel cente rcap as the horn button. Kinda cool.
chads74
I saw that car at a car show before I moved from Tucson. Really nice car in person
michael7810
That guy lives in South Scottsdale. It's parked at the Scottsdale Auto Museum during the day. I've checked it out, looks nice and it's a 4
PanelBilly
Is it actually a race at or is it all for show?
Sleepin
A couple shots from Route 66 2008:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
3d914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Oct 21 2013, 07:48 AM) *

I saw this car several years ago at a Route 66 event when it was black primer. Looks like the owner got it all finished up. When I saw it last it was a 1.7. It is still a 4 with dual carbs but that is all I could tell. Didn't see the owner anywhere but I did snap a few camera phone pics.

I like the low stance and that its a street capable racer. And remember our car design is nearly 50 years old. Nice job in my book!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.