Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 racing roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
JDHursh
This 914 ran well, but needs to move on to another owner. Stiff, tight and fast.

$7500 or obo

Click to view attachment
carr914
welcome.png

You need to put up more details & pictures, but it looks good!
Jetsetsurfshop
agree.gif
carr914
That will get you going JD. Is the car over at Zotz's?
Hoppie944s2
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 22 2013, 02:52 PM) *

Does the car have an engine and trans? Is the green one in the picture for sale?
carr914
QUOTE(Hoppie944s2 @ Oct 22 2013, 07:36 PM) *

Does the car have an engine and trans? Is the green one in the picture for sale?

He has an Engine FS in another Ad, so confused24.gif
URY914
WTF?

Do you have no info or details on this car? confused24.gif

JDHursh
It is a Zotz and don't know about the green car. I am also selling a race engine (not from this car). The chassis is a true roller; no engine or transmission.
URY914
QUOTE(JDHursh @ Oct 22 2013, 05:13 PM) *

It is a Zotz and don't know about the green car. I am also selling a race engine (not from this car). The chassis is a true roller; no engine or transmission.

Thanks, that is a big help. rolleyes.gif

carr914
This appears to be the car at speed!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Was the car Orange at one time?
ric birks
Let me help a little. Glass or steel flares? Was it set up for a 4-6 engine? Hood and trunk glass or steel? Bumpers glass or steel? Thanks. Ric shades.gif
JDHursh
QUOTE(ric birks @ Oct 25 2013, 11:08 AM) *

Let me help a little. Glass or steel flares? Was it set up for a 4-6 engine? Hood and trunk glass or steel? Bumpers glass or steel? Thanks. Ric shades.gif

The flares are glass, I may have said otherwise earlier. It was originally a 914-4 from the factory, but ran a 2.0 liter on the track. Hood and trunk are metal. Bumpers are metal I believe as well.
JDHursh
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 22 2013, 11:00 PM) *

Was the car Orange at one time?

Not that I know of...
JDHursh
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 22 2013, 10:47 PM) *

This appears to be the car at speed!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That is the car! Nice...thanks for the pics.
JDHursh
QUOTE(Hoppie944s2 @ Oct 22 2013, 07:36 PM) *

No engine or tranny...can't tell you anything about the green car.
JDHursh
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 22 2013, 06:52 PM) *

Yes...
Hoppie944s2
Interested in a Porsche trade ?
bcheney
What does the car have for suspension and brakes? When you say it ran as a 2.0 are you meaning a 2.0 4 cylinder or a 2.0 6 cylinder? Just trying to understand if the car is now set up to run a 6 cylinder or not. Good luck with the sale. We are having a 914 event called the Tropical Ramble in a few weeks maybe you should join us...
JDHursh
QUOTE(bcheney @ Oct 30 2013, 01:09 PM) *

What does the car have for suspension and brakes? When you say it ran as a 2.0 are you meaning a 2.0 4 cylinder or a 2.0 6 cylinder? Just trying to understand if the car is now set up to run a 6 cylinder or not. Good luck with the sale. We are having a 914 event called the Tropical Ramble in a few weeks maybe you should join us...

Sorry for the confusion, no problem...the car was originally a 914-4. It raced as a 914-6. The suspension is your typical bilsteins and brakes for running in HSR and SVRA series under the "Historic" category. I hope that helps.

I'd love to run with you all, but I'm down to two 944's now. Obviously this car is in no shape to participate. Please feel free to pass the word along. I have a 2.5 liter engine that needs carbs, muffler and tranny as well.
carr914
The Tropical Ramble is a Social Event that is over in Deland - there are a few people that are bringing their Non Running 914s over on Trailers
Hoppie944s2
What is the best you could do on the price?
Hoppie944s2
JDHursh
QUOTE(Hoppie944s2 @ Oct 30 2013, 11:39 PM) *

$5000...we are a non-profit and this chassis was donated to us to help women and children caught in sex trafficking. Thanks.
JDHursh
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 30 2013, 09:14 PM) *

The Tropical Ramble is a Social Event that is over in Deland - there are a few people that are bringing their Non Running 914s over on Trailers

Thanks for the invite and info...maybe I can make it.
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
How about some pictures of the engine bay?
carr914
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Nov 1 2013, 02:29 PM) *

Sure, now that it is in my Garage! piratenanner.gif

Thanks JD (John) beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JDHursh
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Nov 1 2013, 02:29 PM) *

Thank you everyone for your questions, suggestions and interest. The chassis and engine sold today in a package deal. The funds will help our foundation fight the trafficking of children for sex...the fastest growing crime in the world.
TravisNeff
smokin' deal!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.