Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Headlights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GulleyGulley
I've checked all the fuses under the dash & replaced any that I thought looked questionable. Is there another fuse or relay for the headlights that I'm missing. The lights pop up but don't turn on.
Mikey914
QUOTE(GulleyGulley @ Oct 21 2013, 12:00 PM) *

I've checked all the fuses under the dash & replaced any that I thought looked questionable. Is there another fuse or relay for the headlights that I'm missing. The lights pop up but don't turn on.

Yes in the trunk by the motor. One on each side. If these are missing they will not work. You can check by swapping out your fuel relay (assuming it's running), as it should be a known good one. 9 times out of 10 it's one of these.
-Mark
Mikey914
these
GulleyGulley
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 21 2013, 03:19 PM) *

these

Are those the motor relays or headlight relays. The motors work, just no lights.
Mike Bellis
Fuses 1-4 are the headlights. Check for power there. If no power, maybe a bad light or ignition switch. Make sure the key is on while testing lights.

Could also be 2 bad lamps or both lamps unplugged or 2 bad grounds, but these are a remote chance...
Dave_Darling
The high/low relay on top of the fuse panel. It selects high beams or low beams, so it can be a single point of failure for both.

Hey, wait--are both high and low beams out, or just on of those?

--DD
GulleyGulley
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 21 2013, 08:23 PM) *

The high/low relay on top of the fuse panel. It selects high beams or low beams, so it can be a single point of failure for both.

Hey, wait--are both high and low beams out, or just on of those?

--DD

No headlines at all. Low or high beam. I've replaced all the fuses at the panels under the dash could both bulbs go out at the same time?
Dave_Darling
Very unlikely. Check for a single point of failure. The high/low relay on top of the relay board is one such. The ignition switch, and the headlight switch are also possibilities. As are the wiring going between those things.

--DD
Mike Bellis
Check the 4 red wires connected to the positive battery cable. One of them controls the lights via the ignition switch.
GulleyGulley
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 21 2013, 10:39 PM) *

Very unlikely. Check for a single point of failure. The high/low relay on top of the relay board is one such. The ignition switch, and the headlight switch are also possibilities. As are the wiring going between those things.

--DD

Which one is the light relay on the top/backside of the fuse panel?
brant
Wiggle the headlight switch side to side and in /out while turned on. This is one of the failure modes of the switch
GulleyGulley
well the switch was definitely toast. I couldn't pull the switch all the way out or push it back in. Headlights stayed up. I replaced the switch. The lights go up & down, but still no high or low beams. replaced fuses 1-4 already too. Is there another fuse or relay that I'm missing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.