Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early or late 1974 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
on mY 1974 2.0L (VIN 4742905987) does it follow the early or late vacuum hose diagram?

Early: https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_FI_Hose...3-Early1974.jpg

Late: https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_FI_Hose..._Late1974_A.jpg

On my car, the hose labeled #4 in the "late" drawing" coming off of the distributor vacuum is not connected (has a bolt in it) and also does not appear to have an available connection back to the airbox anways. Unless I just need to look closer?

So, which drawing should I follow?

Bob L.
Do you mean hose #10 attached to the Vacuum advance canister(#4 in the drawing)?
It is supposed to be on the can but open to air on the other end. Just tuck it under the plenum.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Oct 22 2013, 11:49 AM) *

Do you mean hose #10 attached to the Vacuum advance canister(#4 in the drawing)?
It is supposed to be on the can but open to air on the other end. Just tuck it under the plenum.

Oh yes, it would be hose #10 connected to vacuum advance (#4).
boxsterfan
Sorry to follow up on this, but I am stillunclear if I should follow the "early" or "late" diagram? VIN is 4742905987
JeffBowlsby
Probably early but you need to determine if your charcoal canister is by the fuel tank or in the engine bay, and if your throttle body has one or two ports. Those will decide it for you.
Dave_Darling
If the throttle body has two ports, hook up the two hoses from the throttle body. If it only has one hose, leave the vacuum advance hose hooked up to nothing at all.

--DD
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 22 2013, 09:04 PM) *

If the throttle body has two ports, hook up the two hoses from the throttle body. If it only has one hose, leave the vacuum advance hose hooked up to nothing at all.

--DD

Thanks. My charcoal canister is in the front. I'll double check the throttle body in the morning.

I need to check all of my hoses this weekend to be sure that all of them are hooked up to the right spots. Even looking at the early diagrams my hoses don't see m hooked up to quite the right spots. smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.