Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: as Homer would say DOUGH!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
So there I am busting my hump to get the engine out of the 928 and have it ready to go when... I forgot to get a hoist or stand... IPB Image My car is in the shop and the wife and kids are out with the Suburban Ill run and get it when she gets home
skline
I got one in my garage you could have taken with you for $100.00. Its one of those fold up ones from Costco, they sell them for about 180 bucks or so. I am not going to use it again and its just taking up space.
Mueller
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 20 2004, 01:40 PM)
I got one in my garage you could have taken with you for $100.00. Its one of those fold up ones from Costco, they sell them for about 180 bucks or so. I am not going to use it again and its just taking up space.

lot of help you are...nothing like "after the fact", LOL
skline
Sorry, I didnt think of it at the time.
Root_Werks
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 20 2004, 12:44 PM)
Sorry, I didnt think of it at the time.

Goes along the same lines as figthing with something for five minutes using all 3 of your arms and your 4th leg to hold it in place (insert image of large mechanical part here), then finally jamming your head against something sharp so you can free up an arm for a second while you are starting to shake your muscles are getting so tired. When you reach back for that life saving nut/bolt, you feel tools, other nuts and bolts. Painfully turning your head you see the needed hardware across the floor were it was kicked the last time you slid out from under the car.

One of those? IPB Image
skline
That was very descriptive, why do I get the feeling you have done that???
spare time toys
Got the Jetta back and went hunting for one. None at Sams, Tractor supply wants 169 for lift and 89 for stand, I left. Went to Harbor frt. folding lift on sale139 and engine stand for 39 but need the bus it will not fit in a jetta IPB Image so Ill be there at 8 am saying open, open, open like that ad on tv
rick 918-S
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 20 2004, 12:40 PM)

Scott...... don't jinx yourself! IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.