Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MOMO Hub for early cars?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tadink
Hey all -

there are lots of choices and a search did not yield anything useful, so I beg of you -

does anyone know the part number for the MOMO steering wheel hub that will fit an early (1971) 914?

I've been on ebay looking, and the results are mixed, it appears that 0230 is for early -6 cars, will this work on my -4? I understand there is a difference between early and late splines on the wheel???

your help is appreciated....

thx

td
kevin311
Sorry but the 0230 wont work. The later one (8002) will "work" but will leave a 1-2 inch gap on the column and the turn signal cancel won't work.
The part number you are looking for is 8000 (could be wrong) they pop up here from time to time but are NLA from momo.
tadink
QUOTE(kevin311 @ Oct 22 2013, 03:20 PM) *

Sorry but the 0230 wont work. The later one (8002) will "work" but will leave a 1-2 inch gap on the column and the turn signal cancel won't work.
The part number you are looking for is 8000 (could be wrong) they pop up here from time to time but are NLA from momo.

Thanks Kevin - I'll keep looking -

Can anyone verify that #8000 is the right number for my early -4 application?

thx

td
McMark
IIRC, the difference isn't the splines, it's the plastic interface pieces behind the steering wheel that close up the gap. Did you see my setup? It doesn't look pretty, but it cost me $0. I'll post a pic this afternoon.
ConeDodger
I searched Ebay yesterday for my 240Z and they had a stromberg.gif load of them. I went to the Momo website and searched and got the part number. (I believe 8000 is correct though)
bulitt
Porsche 914/4 -1971 8000 (Discontinued)
Porsche 914/4 -1972-76 8002
Porsche 914/6 -1971 0230

Trekkor
I will be adding a removable steering wheel hub to my car and will no longer need my Momo hub.

You can check it out.

KT
dfelz
Anyone have a picture of the slime side of one??
mr914
I have a MOMO M38 wheel and a hub for a 75.

Im going to try it on a earlier 71 and a factory 6

Will let you know
Rleog
Here is a Momo 8000:

IPB Image

opposite side:

IPB Image

IPB Image

hope this helps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.