Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sell, Keep, restore and maybe convert.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
callplatinum
I have a 1975 bright yellow 914.

Really nice 10 foot car, and great runner.

No major rust, but some things could use attention.

I know me, and if I start in on it as a project I'll have a garage full of parts in little zipper bags and a stripped bucket.

I love some of the Subaru converts, but thinking a SBC could be more in the budget yet still gain the HP and reliability.

Or should I just keep the 2.0 that's in it?

Or sell it and focus my attention else where...........

Drums66
.....Do what your "wallet" tells you! idea.gif flag.gif(along with the heart)
bye1.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Sell it to someone who really cares about the car and will grin large everytime they drive it. Nice cars are getting hard to find.
callplatinum
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Oct 23 2013, 01:21 PM) *

Sell it to someone who really cares about the car and will grin large everytime they drive it. Nice cars are getting hard to find.

That's the problem.. I completely love the car, love driving it..

I think what I'll do is keep it, and improve it.

And keep my eye out for a good project car to make into a sleeper.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Raddude @ Oct 23 2013, 06:50 PM) *

Can I use the passenger's side glass from a 1970 in my 1974? I know the bracket is diffrent, but will it fit? Get me at raddude_2001@yahoo.com or call 775.303.9963 Thanks.

Convert!!! piratenanner.gif

Thats what I did with mine!

Before
Click to view attachment

After
Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(callplatinum @ Oct 23 2013, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Oct 23 2013, 01:21 PM) *

That's the problem.. I completely love the car, love driving it..

I think what I'll do is keep it, and improve it.

And keep my eye out for a good project car to make into a sleeper.

agree.gif That's what I did. One was too nice to cut on. The other had already been violated. beerchug.gif
callplatinum
I know of a non running descent 914.. I think money I will plant the seed to buy.

I really want a sleeper 914.. I've really fallin in love with the the style in recent years.. Hated it as a kid..
callplatinum
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 23 2013, 09:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Raddude @ Oct 23 2013, 06:50 PM) *

Can I use the passenger's side glass from a 1970 in my 1974? I know the bracket is diffrent, but will it fit? Get me at raddude_2001@yahoo.com or call 775.303.9963 Thanks.

Convert!!! piratenanner.gif

Thats what I did with mine!

Before
Click to view attachment

After
Click to view attachment

Mine is similar color

jimkelly
get a second car, rust free, and do a suby naturally aspirated with suby trans. i'd say to get a suby 5spd donor car without an immobilizer (pre 2001 I think), so you can use its ecu/computer too. provided, ian, in member vendors section, continues to offer cradles and what not. then it is mostly bolt on proposition. aside from the cutting of the 5 holes plus the clamps that hold the cooling lines under the car, for the cooling system from renegade hybrids for $1000. so even if you get a great donor for $2000, + ian's stuff for $1000, + cooling $1000, you're looking at $5k in parts, minus the cost of a second 914 (ideally with great paint and no eng or trans).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.