Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 "boxer" look.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
Think I remember some older Ferrari's (308gt4) and other cars called "boxer" when the lower half was painted flat black.. Anyway here's my idea for a 914 boxer, notice I've added tape (temperarily) at the back quarter panel, makes a level line with the top of the wheel arch and blends in with the 916 rear bumper. I figured if I liked it I'd make it perminent with Satin black on all pieces including the front 916 bumper. I kinda like it, what do you all think? My flame suit is on.

Doug C
skline
I have learned to make it the way you like and screw everyone elses opinions. It looks good, and if you like it, that is all that matters.
Dr Evil
Nicely done. I like it.
BIGKAT_83
I like it looks really good.

IPB Image IPB Image bob
aylanco
OK, I'll be the one to get things going here.

Don't do it. These cars should be kept stock at ALL times with NO personalization whatsoever. IPB Image
Qarl
Three words...

Jack hole cover.

just kidding.

Looks sweet!

You get a ...

IPB Image
John
I always liked the 916 front & rear shell we used. Perhaps when I flare my silver car, I will put them back into use.....

I like your car. It looks good whatever color scheme.
rjkavanagh
Looks Good...
spare time toys
I like it . Who did the cage in it? Anyone local?
SirAndy
QUOTE (DougC @ Dec 20 2004, 03:57 PM)
I kinda like it, what do you all think?

that's how my car was painted when i bought it.

i like the look ...
IPB Image Andy

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
94teener
Looks like this red car treatment, quite nice.

Phil
scruz914
I like it. What makes it look good on the Ferrari though is the break across the side. You might want to test it across the door with some more black tape and black paper.
Maltese Falcon
Doug, nice paint scheme. I've seen some 914s with the small Hella side marker lamp> right where you put the P logo. It took some getting used to , but it's kinda Euro Hotrod style ...me likes IPB Image
Overall a good looking car...now put some big Hoosiers on those long studs !
Trekkor
I like it, too.
I wonder what kind of scheme I can come up with for my Ivory car?

KT
JmuRiz
FYI it was called 'boxer look' paint because the 365 BB (Berlineta Boxer, so called because of it's body and it's Flat 'boxer' 12 cyl motor) and later 512 BB and BBi had this paint job. That was their high-end model and you could get the 308 Dino with that paint to make it look more like the top-of-the-line.
dlo914
QUOTE (scruz914 @ Dec 20 2004, 05:23 PM)
I like it. What makes it look good on the Ferrari though is the break across the side. You might want to test it across the door with some more black tape and black paper.

similar color scheme....
dlo914
QUOTE (trekkor @ Dec 20 2004, 06:37 PM)
I like it, too.
I wonder what kind of scheme I can come up with for my Ivory car?

KT

a japanese version....also known as the "panda scheme"
Garland
This was the one I built in the early 80's . Do you like the black from a 911 at the rear wheels?
greg.treadway
Doug, I like the car. How do you like the fit of the rear ducktail spoiler?
scooter311
Hey DC your car looks great, go for it.
Do it!
Do it!
Do it!
IPB Image

I really like the blacked out trim too, I'd love to do that to mine - I'm gonna start looking for a beater set.....
DougC
I like it . Who did the cage in it? Anyone local?

Cessna Aircraft...seriously. Well, one of their welders did. Then I cut alot of it out to make it streetable.

Doug C
DougC
This was the one I built in the early 80's . Do you like the black from a 911 at the rear wheels?

Looks sweet! I have a nice shiny black top to use also for when I want a different look.

Doug C
DougC
Doug, I like the car. How do you like the fit of the rear ducktail spoiler?

It's just sitting on the back desk for looks..I'm gonna shave it down so the sides don't stick out past the trunk edge and "blend mount" it eventually.

Doug C
DougC
Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. I wanted to point out that my car looks a bit funny in the picture because there's no engine in it and it's sittin' kinda high. And that targa was spray painted (very poorly) on a very cold day "just for looks" will have it redone more professionally later. As for the overall paint sceam I think the black bumpers, particularly 916 black bumpers helps tone down the loud tangering paint..it say's "hey officer, here I am" either way though!

Doug C
Root_Werks
I like it, looks good. My car being orange, I like the black offests of the bumpers, sail panels/top rockers etc. Nice look that dates well with the 914. IPB Image
greg.treadway
If you haven't installed the ducktail, I would think long and hard about that one.
DougC
Yeah Greg, I think that'll be the last thing I decide on. I want to get the engine in the car and have it sitting at it's final ride height before I make that decision, the DT may be over the top.

Doug C
JmuRiz
Talk with SirAndy about your ducktail idea, sounds like exactly how he installed his. I have to say, I don't like them, but his looks really nice!
Root_Werks
I was never really a big fan of any tails on the back of a 914. Sort of takes away from the low, wide look. Also, Camaro's had tails too similar to the 914 DT. But just my opinion. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.