Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going to Hershy, PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I just got an invite to interview at Penn state Med school and will have to make a trip out to PA in the next two months. Anyone up for a get together? I wont know when exactly until I call the school and set up a date.

Man am I giddy IPB Image
SLITS
Chocolate beer?
bernbomb914
make sure you go to the hershy factory it is very interesting.

Bernie
scotty914
i am up for it just pm me, and kerry are you avalible
Kerrys914
Depending on the date SURE IPB Image

I'll need to clear it with the wife...so give me as much notice on the date of the visit.

I think I am about 1.5hrs way from Hershey, PA. I can't wait until April. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Keep me posted kerrys914@yahoo.com.
Jeff Bonanno
a cool place to visit nearby there is the Harley factory ifin you're into that:

Harley York PA

congrats on the Med school interview.

jbb
RON S.
Put it off til April.
Then you can catch the swap meet also,and pick up some goodies for the teener.

Ron
Dr Evil
Unfortunately, the sooner the better as med schools do rolling enrolement and the sooner I get it done the better my chances are. I may be out there as soon as the 5th of Jan. I would be coming in the night/day before and leaving the day after because I can't pic the times of the flights and still use Hotwire. This means that I will have some down time while I am there to do nothing. I wouldn't expect any of you to drive a long distance to visit. I was just looking for soime local members who had an evening to kill after my interview. I will need to unwind from such a stressful ordeal.
Thanks Fellas!
Dr Evil
Welp, the date has been set. I will be interviewing on the 31 of Jan at 10:30am. I should be done around 4:30pm, and since I couldn't find a flight that was leaving later that night that wasn't $600 I am staying another night. Get in Sun the 30th, leave Tues the 1st.

Can you guys help me find a cheap hotel in the area? I looked on line and the cheapest was $80 a night ($160 for two, ouch). Also I am gonna need a rental car so any info would be greatly apreciated.

I could get some rediculously low rate on tickets into Baltimore, is this a good idea? I know its 89 miles away, but local traffic patterns, of which I am not familiar, could make this an eternity away.

Any local advise would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Bonano,
Thanks for the congradulations. I wish I had time to check out a Harley plant, but I need to get back ASAP and work on paying the bills. Have we ever met at any functions? You are local to me.
Jeff Bonanno
no but james threatened to introduce us right before he left (and i was filching a tranny washer from him). we should pound a few beers before you go off to continue your illustrious medical career. i know alot of people in the biomed research field also so we should talk shop.

jbb
scotty914
if you want to come in to bwi, i can pick you up and drive you to hersey ( sp ) i am about 15 mins from bwi, and hotels can be cheap here, i figure for the difference in airfare you could fly to bwi. get a hotel in baltimore, i can take you to hersey, and back to baltimore, for a day of drinking, strip clubs etc

hows that sound, we could get a 914 club drunk on IPB Image
Dr Evil
Scott,
that may be a deal. I have an alumnist from SDSU that is going to Penn right now and he offered to put me up for a couple of days if I need it. I'll probably take him up on that (free is good when you are unemployed). You rock for offering to drive me to Hershey. I'll PM you and see if it is feasable as I will need to get there before 10:30am on Mon, and will finish around 4:30pm. If we are to get our drink on I may see about leaving in the morning on Tues instead of Mon night.

Jeff,
I have some friends in your industry. My friend Angelo at Stratagene just patented a Kinase ladder. I am educated enough to not be totally lost, but I have a Psychology BA, not Bio. (Ya, I'm an imposter) i will be looking for some good times after the 1st of the year. I have missed out on a lot the past couple of months.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.