Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 in Excellance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
a very nice artical about a 914 6 GT in this mo issue. about the life of a famous race car

Bernie
jim912928
Read it...good article. Read the article on the 928...good write-up and changed perceptions of the other "bastard child"..lol I'm actually faster autocrossing my 928 then my 911. Can't wait until this summer to get the 914 on the track!
TimT
We used to work on that 914 when Ed Mettleman owned it. We removed the aluminum cage and installed a steel cage so the car could be raced again. Notice the picture of the door handle drilled? even the ignition key was drilled for lightness! Its a beautiful car, and well maintained and documented.
Maltese Falcon
That red 928 in the "Excellence" is also an automatic ! The article also states that the engine is basically stock but modified with a K&N filter and a set of my tuned 4 into 1 MSDS headers IPB Image
914s and 928s in "Excellence" ...what will the 911 guys say bout that ? IPB Image
jwalters
IPB Image Just goes to show----there are more of us around than the general 911 porsche people think.....

My sup. down here has a '76 912---he wants to do stuff for his motor--think about it, a basically 911 with 200# less on the tail--

911 aside, it does look good, my personal favorite is the early 80's 930--I will own one one day!

The big P designed the 928 to succeed the 911-so no wonder it is as good as it is---I would love to have a 928 GTS motor--on a pedestal in my living room--so beautiful!

Damn--if the big P would just get off its ass and reintroduce a car along the lines of the 914--all the attributes , none of that navigation or computer crap, hell not even a/c (but I would welcome it), cloth interior,but 20-30k less than a boxster, it would NOT lessen the image of P, but damn would they sell a million of them--I would buy one! IPB Image
nein14
The car now resides in Pa. , he brings it to the Hershey Swap Meet. The car is really nice!! IPB Image
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (jwalters @ Dec 20 2004, 06:36 PM)
the big P would just get off its ass and reintroduce a car along the lines of the 914--all the attributes , none of that navigation or computer crap, hell not even a/c (but I would welcome it), cloth interior,but 20-30k less than a boxster

Not to forget the fact that they are in the business to make money!

Regardless what Zois says, I love my Boxster as much as my 914's. They are the new 914, and the more I live with it the more it seems like a 914.

Porsche will never build a car that retails for less than $35k, or without a/c. Does anyone make a new car without a/c? Mass market, that is.

Let's face it, the 914 was revolutionary when it came out; mid engine, four wheel disc, two trunks, and electronic fuel injection (with a "computer" brain). While the 914 brain isn't exactly a computer, what mass marketed car doesn't have a computer of some sort in it. Like it or not that's the way it's going to be from here on out.

This is also why cars run cleaner and put out more power than thier respective 1965 versions, if there is such a thing. Although I don't like the technology part of the new cars when those technical parts go toes up, I love the fact that new cars don't pollute the way old hot rods did.

Just my .02 yrmv
Joe Bob
PK wrote....
Regardless what Zois says, I love my Boxster as much as my 914's. They are the new 914, and the more I live with it the more it seems like a 914.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't MIND Boxsters....just the poser morons that lease/drive them for the "I'm bitchin look" and don't appreciate them. Heck, they got the engine position right...they even have cup holders AFIK....

A true Porsche enthusiast that owns and knows what he/she owns is thumbs up in my book.... I don't even care if it's a 924. IPB Image

I also like poking fun because the owners are so sensitive....kind of like 914 owners before they were finally accepted in the Porsche community...remember when PCA wouldn't let 914s play with the 356s and 911s?

The main reason I have taken my 356 into the Outlaw realm is just to see the anal retentive look of WTF on the Concour Weenie crowd....it's priceless.

And it's all in fun.... IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.