Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proper torque spec
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
Recently I swapped out my empi's for 4 bolt Fuchs. In the process I also switched from the "screw in lugs and bolts" to the proper long lug bolts for the Fuchs.

So now my setup is that i have to carefully balance my wheel on my toe while threading in the bolts. IPB Image

My question is, what is the proper torque setting for these wheels and bolts because I just striped one of the holes in my front rotor. I think Hayes says like 100 lbs. The striping occured going to 90 lbs. Is this correct?

Secondly, should I be using an anti-seize lube?

btw, was able to tap the rotor so I think I saved it, but the long lug bolt is buggered. IPB Image

thanks in advance

JR
michel richard
I'm pretty sure the toruqe is 95 foot/pounds. The bolts should definitely not strip at 90. Not sure what happened, but there is definitely something not right happening.

Michel Richard
ClayPerrine
The torque spec for the alloy lug bolts is 96 FT\LBS. Put anti-seize on the bolt threads, and then install and torque them in steps starting at about 40 FT\LBS and going up in stages. If one has stripped, then you need to replace the hub or rotor that stripped out.

AS for balancing the wheel, get a screw in alignment pin. Same threads as a lug bolt with a piece of steel rod on it. Put it in the top hole, and slide the wheel over it. installl the other lug bolts, and then remove it and replace with a bolt.
jr91472
thanks all,

I think my problem was that when removing the old studs, one stripped coming out (same rotor). I re-tapped it then and I am pretty sure that it is the same hole that has stripped again.

so looks like I need a new rotor in addition to a new lug bolt.

hey Clay, did you get my PM about your tranny parts? All is ready for delivery to you.

thx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.