Pages: 1, 2
Aaron Cox
http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/states_exp...ate15s_500.html

report back youre average.....

Im an avg of 10 miles.....
type47fan
IPB Image five (5) miles!
ewdysar
I had 38 miles on my first try, then 94% and 6 miles on my second run through. I think it's partially luck of the draw, if your first few are in away from the coast, you have to guess, even if you know where they go. Once the first few states are in, you can register the rest.

I'm going to send it out to my office and see how people do...

Thx Aaron.
skline
I got 18 miles I missed 1 by a long ways. This was a waste of time. Now I have to go to work. Aaron, get a life!!
Steve Thacker
68 here
Qarl
You're still in school. You better know this.

I had 46 out of 50 correct, but a couple pissed me off. At the very beginning, they were asking for something smack in the middle of the country, with nothing to line it up with (like Missouri). I was off by 72 miles for (ooohh). Same thing for Montana. The entire upper left was off, and it penalized me for being like 50 miles off....
balljoint
81 Miles.

But I'm a Canadian, so I thought that was pretty good.
Lou W
69 miles IPB Image
Qarl Posted on Dec 21 2004, 08:39 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're still in school. You better know this.

I had 46 out of 50 correct, but a couple pissed me off. At the very beginning, they were asking for something smack in the middle of the country, with nothing to line it up with (like Missouri). I was off by 72 miles for (ooohh). Same thing for Montana. The entire upper left was off, and it penalized me for being like 50 miles off....
That's still good, I was off 170 miles at one point
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 21 2004, 09:35 AM)
Aaron, get a life!!

im still sick....

AND going snowboarding! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
JmuRiz
Fun stuff:
96%
3-miles
415 seconds IPB Image
Then again I've lived in WY, IA, KS, VA so I know most corners of the US
Root_Werks
4 miles, I f'd up at the start, but once I get past the east coast, easy. IPB Image
gopack
i got 4!!! IPB Image IPB Image
gopack
Now we should run a correlation with low scores and age! i bet all the guys under say....10 miles are over say... 40!
Jeff Bonanno
nice site AAron, i sent it to my brother with kids - good for teaching. check out the other resources on the home page.
vortrex
21 on first try.
Howard
Saving that for my granddaughter. Great site! Ya don't want to start with Arkansas! Missed by 500 miles and had to play catch up.
Joe Bob
58 ...I suck.....dropped a big state when the phone rang....and another when someone walked into the office and asked a question....
tdgray
61 Miles.... but I dropped RI by Montana by accident IPB Image
mike_the_man
74%, 150 miles, but I'm Canadian, eh! What the hell is a mile, anyway? IPB Image You 'mericans sure do have a lot of states!
bernbomb914
I am old 39 right 6o miles error. east coast has a definate advantage

Bernie
airsix
Looks like Howard and I are in the same boat.

-Ben M.
Andy
And I'm 29 thank you very much!

I see what you're saying on giving you inland states first, I lost my milage predominantly on my own home state... Place Colorado on this blank slate... Bastards!
Rhodes71/914
8 miles for me 94%

I got Tennasee for my first one, that pretty much killed my average, fun little game.
seanery
98% Damn West Virginia
5 miles average.
49 of 50 correct. IPB Image

Driving across the country several times seems to pay off in silly games like this.
lapuwali
4 miles, 48 perfect. The two not perfect were Nebraska and Tennesse, both of which I got within 60 miles, but nothing was filled in, yet, so there were no borders to compare against. Telling the name of the state made it almost too easy. Try to tell the difference between North Dakota, Colorado, and Wyoming just from the outline, no name or position information.

But then, like I say, I'm a geek...
TimT
90% AVG Error 18 miles Time 327 seconds

Driving across the country several times seems to pay off in silly games like this.

IPB Image
Gustl
I think it's not so bad for my first try ... IPB Image

Europe would have been easier for me IPB Image
tdgray
Good Job Gus. IPB Image

I wonder if this game was piece together Europe how bad every americans score would be IPB Image

Admit fellas we as 'mericans tend to be a little short sited when it comes to other countries origins, history etc. Myself included. IPB Image
Katmanken
Dang,,,,,,

Every time I try it, Kalifornia slies off into the ocean..... IPB Image

That really screws with my average IPB Image IPB Image

Ken
Gustl
QUOTE (tdgray @ Dec 21 2004, 09:24 PM)
Good Job Gus.   IPB Image  

I wonder if this game was piece together Europe how bad every americans score would be   IPB Image  

thanks Todd, I was lucky with coast states at the beginning IPB Image
not sure if I could do this again IPB Image
Pnambic
I did well, but I deal with the map everyday determining what agencies are in what state and what region thats in and so on. My only tough one was getting South Dakota as my second state. I knew where it was pretty well, but getting it perfect took a little luck too. The rest were given to me in a decently easy order. Thankfully, I got West Virginia AFTER Virginia.
GWN7
42 out of 50 29 miles
IronHillRestorations
96%, avg error 3 miles, 572 sec.

I didn't know it was a timed event! (kinda like the 1st time I had sex.....at least with a girl)
roundboy914
92%
6 miles
319 secs.
balthazar
20 miles...90%...301 sec... what do I win? LOL IPB Image
ewdysar
96%, 3 miles, 128 sec. IPB Image
Dr Evil
I got 96% and 17miles. Yes, driving across country a few times does help. Living in afew states helps too. Its those damn square states tah screw everything up.

Now we should run a correlation with low scores and age! i bet all the guys under say....10 miles are over say... 40!

I'll bet that would not happen as some of the older folks remeber the US when we were less than 50 states IPB Image
SLITS
88%..............16 Miles.............320 sec...........44/50

I thought Hawaii was in the Aleutians!
Sparky
40 Miles

Mike D.
vortrex
ok now I feel really dumb. I let my gf do it, who is relatively new to our country, doesn't even have the language down fully yet. she scored...

score 92%, avg error 14miles, time 451 secs
jwade
92%....14 miles...351 secs...

West Virginia 1st...damn IPB Image
Arkansas 2nd.........DAMN IPB Image

well, there goes the average. IPB Image

john
jwade
Here goes post #100...

Try the map of Europe.

93%....64 miles...284 secs...

Not too bad for an American IPB Image

john
chikenfajita
2 miles with 98 % and 450 secs IPB Image 49 of 50 perfect
wheelo
I was distracted @ work !! only 72% 53mi adverage error 433 secs.

Thanks Aaron ! will let trhe kids play...

IPB Image
Aaron Cox
Im glad you guys like it!

thought it would be cool to throw a brain teaser..... IPB Image
Hawktel
I felt I was good till I gave the South America and Europe a try.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Dec 21 2004, 08:54 PM)
I felt I was good till I gave the South America and Europe a try.

i tried europe! IPB Image
Red-Beard
I'm not over 40...yet...or even 40...
michel richard
8 miles, by a French Canadian
tdgray
Jeez.... I did Europe better than I did the US. IPB Image

25 of 27 - average error 18 miles - 93% 295 seconds
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.