Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Dog Tags (chassis tags)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I got these from the PO of my car. Isn't there a place on the web that tracks VIN#s? If not maybe I could sell these to someone who's restoring one.

Doug C
DougC
another.
DougC
another.
Joe Bob
I would try the license plate restorers or the 356 registry....
aircooledboy
Yikes!! IPB Image

Don't know 'bout Tehaus, but in the midwest, posession of the VIN and Ser.# tags in that condition is a felony. I was a prosecutor on the auto theft task force in my "Instrument of The Man" days IPB Image , and I know it was a felony in every state adjoining Illinois. Having those rascals obviously is pretty handy if you want to re-tag a stolen car.

Just don't want to see anybody get jammed up over something silly. IPB Image
vortrex
yeah this has been talked about before and determined to be quite illegal.
DougC
I assumed they were removed when a car was painted and never reapplied, guess I'm a bit too trusting. However, in the header of this thread I asked "are these yours?" I'd be glad to return them to the rightful owner and help the authorities solve a mistery in the process.

Doug C
jd74914
yeah. . . . . . .
TC/914
Somebody was recently selling a set of those for an early 356 on Ebay . . . it SEEMED like it might be illegal, but I didn't know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.