Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 vs 73+ front rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
It is my understanding that later model (914-4) cars used a "hub centric" style rotors. Is possible to put 73 and later front rotors on my 72?

anyone? IPB Image
seanery
yes you can do it, but you may not be happy with the result. IPB Image

Calipers won't fit correctly.
I have early rotors on my car and can not fit the calipers on.
The are machined for 5 lug with studs in them IPB Image
Now I've got to send out the correct later rotors to get
machined and studs pressed into them so I can get the
calipers mounted.
SLITS
There is a difference in the struts, so I been told. I just know from experience they won't fit or at least wouldn't interchange on mine. Now if you have a late '72, you might have the later struts.
seanery
so what you're saying is match the rotor to the strut. right?
that's what I'm saying...without saying it....well, damn I just said it IPB Image
jr91472
fyi

According to another member (Adidas), the cutoff from late to early models occured mid 72 at VIN 472 29 19032. Any VIN greater than that requires the late model (73+) rotors.
SLITS
Yea Sean.......did you spread Santy IPB Image

Anyway, I've always wondered if you could tell the early strut from the late strut by the way the ball joint mounts.......early has the boss for a bolt with threads on one side of the split and late has the hole for the double taper bolt - no threads. Oh well...another Roswell mystery!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.