Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: good locksmith
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AfricanHijinx
So my son has lost the only key I had for the 76, does anybody in the NW have a good locksmith that can make me a new key? chair.gif
jimkelly
I do not know, but I too have only one key for my car, I need to get more.

AfricanHijinx
So I tried to remove the ignition to take it to a locksmith however I cannot. for 76's you need the key to remove the friggin thing so that does me no good. any ideas from the forum would be grateful.
Black22
QUOTE(AfricanHijinx @ Oct 26 2013, 01:14 PM) *

So I tried to remove the ignition to take it to a locksmith however I cannot. for 76's you need the key to remove the friggin thing so that does me no good. any ideas from the forum would be grateful.

I haven't done any key work to my '74 (doesn't need it), but I believe that all ten of the key cuts are in the door locks as well. This is according to my sources, some of which lie. Pull a door handle and take that to a locksmith, have him/her make you a key and then have them run the cuts in the computer to give you a key code # for future issues. BTW I'm a locksmith...that has never opened up my 914 locks! BAD LOCKSMITH! dry.gif

This will only work if the same key that opened the door started the car!

Good Luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.