Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soft Top on a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I don't know if anyone's ever considered doing this but I have an idea to put this softop on a future 914 project.This thing sells for $850, I think it would look sweet.

Doug C
Root_Werks
I have driven a Beck 550 before, I don't think the top would be wide enough? 550's are pretty narrow inside. The 914 has more shoulder room. IPB Image
DougC
There's a Beck 550 somewhere in my future (Si Dios Quieres). But yeah I could imagine it be narrow, so I guess you could remedy that by welding curved "plates" at the top of the doors to match the 550 width. You would want to remove the stock windows anyway. Of couse now that you mention it..a 550 winshield may also be necessary. Oh well. Guess I'll just start saving for that Spyder. I'm strange though 'cause I want a hard top spyder but would like the soft top on the 914. I think it looks cool 'cause it's so low.

Doug C
Root_Werks
550's rock and I would love to have a Bech 550 someday myself. IPB Image
neo914-6
Doug,
It would be easier to do a search and contact a member who has a convertible 914 already. Then you can get dimensions to copy. Kits were sold in the 80's so the design is done. I saw one on eBay earlier this year sell for ~$1100, maybe one will pop up again.
Felix
greg.treadway
I don't think the top would work either. Chuck Beck is working on a new project right now. He's just up the road from us and brought it by last weekend. I'm waiting for his permission to list the pics on our website. The Beck Spyder is a cool car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.