Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Annoyed at people who drive trucks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Stupid truck drivers. mad.gif

At least his 'bad ass toy' was high enough to avoid any significant body damage.

No note.

Funny thing was the woman I spoke with about the insurance claim had a 70 914 she's had for 18 years. We talked about seat belts before we took care of business. wink.gif. Told her about 914World. We'll see if she shows up.
76-914
there's one of those bumper tops, NOS, listed in the FS.
Rand
My first car was a Datsun 510 that got backed into and crunched the corner. The guy I bought it from took $100 cash on the spot to avoid insurance headaches. Oof.

Long story short PO prob worked for me.

I know, not the same. Just trying to cheer you up... Never mind.

Sounds like insurance will help at least?

Somehow I like the old days of wrangling in the parking lot compared to dealing with the insurance companies.

914itis
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 26 2013, 08:50 PM) *

there's one of those bumper tops, NOS, listed in the FS.

Don't worry , he has some in his stash.
ConeDodger
Hey! I drive a truck! mad.gif
Shindog1961
They are great to trailer your 914 to the track!
wes
Now be nice I drive a truck,, I've got a spare hood if you need!
Java2570
I'm annoyed in general with most people's driving, regardless of vehicle!
Sorry to see you got tagged Mark, but it doesn't look too bad at least.
Gotta keep on keeping on! driving.gif
NORD

Good reason to make a trip to Rick's and make sure it is still straight. I hear he has a rack in his shop.

That's to bad mark. driving.gif
McMark
You mean this kinda rack, NORD? happy11.gif I got one too.

IPB Image
rick 918-S
QUOTE(NORD @ Oct 26 2013, 11:04 PM) *

Good reason to make a trip to Rick's and make sure it is still straight. I hear he has a rack in his shop.

That's to bad mark. driving.gif

Mark has one also. shades.gif

That sux man! dry.gif
warpig
Thats sux man. But rest assured karma will settle up with that prick. ar15.gif I've got a really good bumper top you can have if you need one.
euro911
One (two-syllable) word ... GoPro shades.gif
76-914
That's a pisser, for sure. mad.gif Not that it matters but would you mind sharing how it happened.
McMark
Not that it matters but would you mind sharing how it happened.

Parked behind a truck with about 8ft between his bumper and mine. Apparently that wasn't quite enough room. dry.gif
Krieger
That sucks!
euro911
Mark, where was it parked? ... any chance someone in the area had surveillance cameras? confused24.gif

Bad enough that your car was damaged, but just as bad, there's some useless piece of shit out there laughing about it. He (or she) has probably done it to someone else before, and will probably do it again stromberg.gif

They need to experience payback chair.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 26 2013, 10:23 PM) *

Hey! I drive a truck! mad.gif

Your point?
McMark
I actually thought about taking a picture of their license plate when I parked, cause I had a feeling. Definitely going to start making that a habit. Easy to take a couple pics as insurance just in case.
mikesmith
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 27 2013, 12:24 PM) *

I actually thought about taking a picture of their license plate when I parked, cause I had a feeling. Definitely going to start making that a habit. Easy to take a couple pics as insurance just in case.

If you do, get a camera with better low-light handling. I love your pics, but they all make your shop look like a survival horror game... 8)
cwpeden
For this exact reason I've gotten into the habit of writing down lic. numbers when i park in the neighborhood of large vehicles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.