Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lemforder Tie Rod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rough_Rider
Looking for turbo tie rods, & finding 6 million different variants. I eventully gleaned that Lemforder makes a good product.

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the correct turbo tie rod from Lemforder, its PN: M3000-22632
Found it through www.autopartswarehouse.com

I guess another part of this question is there anyone on this board making turbo tie rods, would prefer to spend money inside this community... IPB Image
eeyore
Nope. A turbo tie-rod is a ball joint instead of a u-joint.

Pelican Parts sells them

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._pg5.htm#item22
jim912928
agree...those are not the turbo tie rod ends. I got the best deal at GPR.
Joe Ricard
Hey Jim, did you know that your big car has tie rods that are twice as big as turbo tie rods? same design. Also twice as much $$$$
jim912928
Joe...you mean the 928 does? I've not really scoped out the steering components....I've autox'd the 928 and I tell you it sticks like glue. Between the front setup and the weisach rear end it's an awesome handling car (especially for it's weight which you'd never guess when driving it). I never need to get out of 1st and I'm about 2 sec's faster in it then the 911.
Joe Ricard
Never out of 1st gear?
I guess with a 2.20 rear end My 78 had the 2.75 I wonder with the broad torque curve 2nd wouldn't be faster. Got to have "the touch" to shift 1-2 witha G28-03 Man some days I really miss that car. BTW Jim you are NOT helping!!!!
jim912928
Joe..lol. Yeah never out of first. The 83 has the 4sp auto...so I just dropped it down at a stop to 2nd and it stays there until you manually shift it up/down. The course was a tight curvy coarse at the Tire Rack test track here in South Bend. The 911 I'd get into 2nd but the 928 I didn't have to. I did a couple of runs shifting it into 2nd and it slowed me down alittle. But, I've just started back up autocrossing this year so alot of that is relearning!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.