Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure Switch / Oil Temp Sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martinef1963
Hello,

I just wanted to confirm my oil switch / sensor set up to make sure everything is in place and correct.

When I first bought the car, there was a brass pipe sticking out of the top base of the engine with a T fitting on the end. On the side of the T fitting there was an OIL PRESSURE SWITCH and on top there was a DUAL SENDING UNIT. The oil pressure switch was the only unit that was plugged to anything; nothing coming off of the two black screw knobs from the dual sending unit.

Since the rebuild Eric Shea suggested that I remove the brass pipe as it might crack at the base causing some headaches and replace it with a pressure hose. What I ended up doing was eliminating the brass pipe and the dual sending unit. I connected the oil pressure switch directly to the engine case; the hole on my tin was big enough.

I added OIL TEMP SENDER from under the engine case and routed the wires through the center tunnel. Have not hooked up this unit to the VDO gauge, but wanted to know if the installation of the OIL PRESSURE SWITCH to the top base of the engine is OKAY and that is the unit that gives me the light for oil pressure on my stock gauge display?

The end result will be a center console with oil temp, CHT and voltage gauge.

Thanks,

Fern
McMark
I use a dual pressure sender on a pressure hose. The low-pressure switch post goes to the light. The pressure sensor post goes to the gauge. Oil temp is in the bottom of the case and should run over to a green/black wire under the battery tray (unless this is an early car). The green/black wire comes out at the center console.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.