Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! Need rear window seal in a hurry...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
Hey all,

Doing targa bar rust repair and re-vinyling and want to re-do the rear window, too. What's the best source for a lower exterior seal for the rear window -- the faster the better?

I'll call GPR now, but am wondering if you guys have any better ideas, Bay Area local is a good thing....

Thanks!

pete
horizontally-opposed
Oh, and could it be put in after the window or is that a nightmare/not possible? IPB Image It doesn't look like it'd be easy...

pete
rhodyguy
pete, i've put them on after resetting the glass.

kevin
Root_Werks
That rear seal doesn't really seal anything other than a little water and dirt from resting on the actual window seal. Oh, also stops some muck from getting into the firewall area, but not much.

Should be less than $40, GPR, yeah, great place to get it.

Yep. Easy install after all is put together. Consider it a thumb exercise. IPB Image
rhodyguy
right dan. it covers the front edge of the engine cover more so than sealing the window.

kevin
horizontally-opposed
Got one...Many thanks!

pete
EdwardBlume
I used 3M window sealer from AutoZone for $15 on my rear 914 window. It comes coiled and is black and sticky. Worked fine.
McMark
Yeah, Rob, that's the stuff to use to install the windows. It's actaully called "Window Weld" from 3M. Great stuff.

He's talking about the rear-window-to-engine-lid seal. IPB Image
r_towle
I know this is an old thread...but...

Does anyone have a profile pic of the rear window.engine lid seal....

Lots and lots of rubber here....wanna make sure I dont have it before we go buy one....

Also...is it really possible to put in after the window is in??

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.