Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hydro clutch mc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Brad or Ben, think this might work for a clutch master cylinder?
Geoff
airsix
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 25 2003, 01:20 PM)
Brad or Ben, think this might work for a clutch master cylinder?
Geoff

I'm interested to hear brad's comments, but I think you'd have a hard time using that MC. You will be mounting it down there with the steering rack and the brake MC, so you really need a remote resevoir. I don't know if you could get that one mounted due to the height of the resvoir, and if you did you'd have an imposible time filling it.

Take a look at the Tilton MC's. They are less than $60 for a kit that includes everything to set it up with a remote resevoir (including 2 sizes of reservoirs). I'm using the CNC brand pull-type slave cyl. It's designed for a 3/4" MC (but I'm using a 7/8" - we'll see how it works out).

-Ben

ps - here's where I ordered mine: http://www.pitstopusa.com/TILMASTERCYLINDERKITS.asp
meursault
I'm completely clueless on the engineering of a hydraulic clutch for a 914, but I think Rich Johnson has done it. I'd contact him and find out how he did it.
Brad Roberts
Not enough room Geoff. I like the size.. but NO WAY that resovoir is going to make it under the sheet metal.

Rich Johnson's mechanic (Wes Hildreth) sells a complete kit for ...get this... 1500$

I'm out.. I'll use Tilton/CNC/Neal

B
meursault
Yikes! Yeah, forget that. Looks straighforward enough from what I've seen so far on this board. I'll just steal intellectual property here biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
I have yet to see anything NEW on this board or any other board..that hasnt already been done 300 times 300 different (but close) ways..LOL

B
meursault
Oh, come on. Give the members some credit. At least let us BELIEVE we are creative, doing something no one has ever done before. Some motivational leader you are, Brad! tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.