Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: need supplier for finish lumber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chunger
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone know a good source in the Bay Area for built-in/trim materials. I'm looking for good prices on:

furniture grade plywood w/ hardwood face

MDF sheets

milwork. . . base boards, crown moulding, window moulding

I did a quick websearch and returned Plywood and Lumber Sales, Inc. in Oakland.

http://www.pals4wood.com/pals/products.htm

Thought I'd ask the board, 'cause Trekkor referred me over to 2 tile suppliers that worked out great IPB Image

-'Chung
ppickerell
Chunger,
Try Richerts Lumber on Sunol Blvd here in Pleasanton.
brant
Why can't you use good old american lumber.. why do you got to cut down all the tree's in finland?

just teasing..
bump.
brant
tesserra
There is an awesome place in Concord off Hwy 4. They have great prices and they have a great showroom for Ideas.
They deliver free and if you kinda fake it they give you Contractor prices and they have a ton of stock.
No hardwood but plenty of MDF sheet good and furniture plywood.
The name is: The Moulding Company,
925-798-7525
Bates Ave Concord
We kinda have parallel lives.
We both have or had interest in 914 V8s and we are both building homes in the Bay area. Both are PITAs

Call those guys you won't be disappointed.

George
Mueller
Piedmont Lumber has some good selections as well.......

sorry for not getting back to you earlier. if you need a place to work on your car for few hours, no problem hanging out at my place for tools and some help IPB Image
Trekkor
For the MDF and trims you likely won't do better than Home Depot. The ply wood they have is trash.

I've gone through 10 pieces to get a good one.

KT
chunger
Thanks guys,

This should get me started. If I can keep from starting other construction projects, I might be able to finish my house soon. Gotta learn to say "No!" to the desperate siblings and family members.

Home despot, eh? I'm beginning to like Lowes more and more. . . but neither seem to carry the shtuff I need most of the time. . . not the greatest selection. . . most of the time, not the greatest pricing unless there's a recent price increase. . .in which case they're slower at re-marking everything than specialty places.

now if I can get my hardwood floors on, I'll be able to start making "fun" built-ins shelves and murphy beds.
wheelo
Don't forget the reason-for-the-season!
You old carpenter, you ....
Peace
M
chunger
If I was a carpenter and not a poser, I'd be done by now IPB Image
sj914
Southern Lumber in S. San Jose has a good selection.
PatW
QUOTE (chunger @ Dec 22 2004, 01:39 AM)
If I was a carpenter and not a poser, I'd be done by now IPB Image

We want to see the place and take a tour when it's done ok?. I'd like to see how that recording studio turns out. Or just take lots of pictures, pictures, pictures..

Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.