Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
Boy oh boy do I need to reorganize the skunk works!!!

NOT looking fwd to it---------- IPB Image
jwalters
IPB Image I think my heater is broke in my garage!!!! IPB Image
jwalters
Well, at least I got this much done..............
watsonrx13
Looking good JW.
The steering rack looks great, I assume you put on new turbo tie-rods?
Isn't it nice to be able to work on the car during the 'winter', outside?... IPB Image
Gint
Rack look sgreat. How'd you go about cleaning that thing up so well? Process?
Deano
IPB Image Nice Rack!!
Dave-O
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Dec 21 2004, 06:39 PM)

Isn't it nice to be able to work on the car during the 'winter', outside?... IPB Image

Hey, the cold has some benefits... tonight when I was setting a new bearing in a rear control arm, instead of putting the bearing in the freezer to shrink it, I just put it outside the shop entrance for an hour or so IPB Image

David
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Dave-O @ Dec 21 2004, 08:14 PM)
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Dec 21 2004, 06:39 PM)

Hey, the cold has some benefits... tonight when I was setting a new bearing in a rear control arm, instead of putting the bearing in the freezer to shrink it, I just put it outside the shop entrance for an hour or so IPB Image

David

IPB Image I went to toss a little paint on something and then went to bring it inside. My wife could smell it coming before I closed the door. "Take that stinky part back outside!" "But,,, it's cold out there." IPB Image Oh well, dried fine anyway. IPB Image
jwalters
IPB Image IPB Image Thanks guys for all the knid words--

Watson--I used the old fashioned method for cancer removal--scrubbed it with a wire toothbrush till my forearms looked like popeyes!!! When I got done with that I sprayed on two coats of dupli-color metalcast base coat--that is the smoothest spray paint I have ever seen, goes on as well as HVLP!!!

Turbo tie rods yes----I held them in my arms for about 1/2 hr. marveling at how nice they were..

The cold has is adv. and disadv.--very good for my sinuses--very bad because it will hold up my 'glassin and paint------but today it got up to 77 around 2 pm---thank god the dreaded south florida rainy season is over--gets a little tiresome with 3-10 MAJOR boomers rolling thru in a 24 hr period--------

Well, back to work--see ya! IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.