Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Texas Harvest time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Went and got the hoist today. I also got a stand but it is made wrong so one of the wheels will not fit. I finaly got started around 2PM.
spare time toys
I got the boys involved in the harvest. They got their first good tast of grease.
spare time toys
It was after dark when it finally gave up the ghost and we had the heart on a chain draining its life blood on the drive IPB Image my little girl got in on the action. The one on my left is 12, the girl is 11 and the big ol boy on my right is 14. Im the old guy in the center of this mess IPB Image
spare time toys
And here is our trophy another good harvest. Come spring we plant it in the 914 IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
Always liked the fact that you can "drop" an engine from a 914, vw bus, bug, etc.

Looks like a productive day.
SLITS
Damn, and I thought it was a thread on harvesting Luckenbock Tops IPB Image

Good job to get that beast outta the cavern in one piece IPB Image
jim912928
damn....that V8 is one pretty engine!
skline
Looks huge!! Good luck getting that into a 914. Obviously there is a way, I have seen it in person. But it looks so big.

I know, "Thats what she said"
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 21 2004, 07:05 PM)
Looks huge!! Good luck getting that into a 914. Obviously there is a way, I have seen it in person. But it looks so big.

I know, "Thats what she said"

gawd....

gotta bite my tongue....

had a big fat remark all typed up..... IPB Image
jr91472
oh...the humanity!!!!! IPB Image
spare time toys
I have to run out by work in the morning and while Im there I will make the needed "adjustments" to the engine stand. It was cheap and now I know why. Nothing a couple of minutes in the shop will not fix though. Once repaired Ill hang the engine on it and start to clean and polish it.
Lou W
Looks like you got a great team there IPB Image
VegasRacer
Looks like you got a nice crop there. IPB Image
Good luck when you start planting in the Spring.
ClayPerrine
I need to drive out to your house and see this thing in person...

Gonna be interesting to say the least. You going to have it running for the MUSR? Richard Fischer needs some competetion in the V8 Class.
rick 918-S
IPB Image Great looking crew! That's what it's all about right there! IPB Image
spare time toys
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 22 2004, 07:58 AM)
You going to have it running for the MUSR? Richard Fischer needs some competetion in the V8 Class.

What is the date? How much track stuff will it have, because this will probably go into the racer because I can not figure how to make the seat work out so I fit in the Banana with the redo of the firewall. I just dont bend like I used to. IPB Image
ClayPerrine
At this point it doesn't look like we are going to have a track day. We just have an AX, and a car show. Put some plates on the car and bring it out!!!

Date is tenative late September.
spare time toys
After a trip to work to fix som screwed up parts on the stand its now hanging on it IPB Image Now Ill get the steam cleaner out and get it where you can see what you are working on.
mightyohm
Let me guess...

IPB Image
spare time toys
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Dec 23 2004, 05:06 PM)
Let me guess...

IPB Image

Yep IPB Image
spare time toys
quick update ... have sold enough stuff the car is paid for IPB Image Have more folks coming over next weekend for interior parts.
spare time toys
I have not sold anything that I need for the engine. Anyone want a shell for a track car or know anyone who races these that may want a shell?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.