Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Going to try and see some snow!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rider914
My kids (or me) have never seen snow, so we planed a trip to North Georgia or beyond next week. The cabin we have booked is near a resort that "makes" snow - is there a term for that and how cold does it have to be? It looks like the long range forcasts for next week are a bit too warm, but the weather guys are wrong about tomorow most of the time. . .

I don't do so well in cold, but it is only a week - yesterday I worked on the sidelines of the Monday Night Football game in Miami and I had a ski cap, 2 jackets and gloves on. I was still fff f freezing. The photog that I was working with from up North had on shorts!
davep
I can look out any window and see snow. I helps to make snow when the temperature is below freezing.
I remember that Floridians find 80ยบ weather dangerously chill. IPB Image
Now, if I can find that auger, I'll go make a hole in the ice and go swimming. IPB Image
vortrex
http://www.snowathome.com/
Stephane
I can send you some if you want. We usually get our fair share of it up here! Would be more than happy to get rid of it. IPB Image

Stephane
Rhodes71/914
It has to be about 26 deg F, but it also depends on the humidity. I don't know if I would count man made snow as real snow, it surely sucks to ski on and doesn't act like real snow when sliding on it.

Looks like western North Carolina has some snow. Prolly too far though
Rider914
I am on the east coast of Florida next to the "big" lake. I have a week off and I have to be in Miami on Monday Jan 3rd for the Orange Bowl (on Tuesday), so I can't get stuck up there. . . IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.