Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reverse light switch connector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shuie
Does anyone sell or make the connectors for the reverse light switch on the trans. case? Are the pins for the switch a standard size? I thought I would be able to use some of the leftover pins from my engine wiring harness but those don't fit the switch. Whats the best way to do this? Do I need a different switch, cut up a donor harness?

TIA
chads74
My car had connectors that looked like they were a standard one you could go buy at your local FLAPS and crimp onto the wires.
Dave_Darling
I haven't tried it, but it sure looks like standard "bullet" connectors would work.

--DD
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 30 2013, 07:58 AM) *

I haven't tried it, but it sure looks like standard "bullet" connectors would work.

--DD

I've seen them used, and I've tried to use them. They don't fit properly. I have a stash of them, and I think I know where they are in the barn .................. Maybe.

The Cap'n
mskala
QUOTE(shuie @ Oct 30 2013, 09:33 AM) *

Does anyone sell or make the connectors for the reverse light switch on the trans. case? Are the pins for the switch a standard size? I thought I would be able to use some of the leftover pins from my engine wiring harness but those don't fit the switch. Whats the best way to do this? Do I need a different switch, cut up a donor harness?

TIA

Are you saying you don't have the connectors? If you have them and the wiring
is just bad/broken, they can be de-soldered and re-used. They look like the crimp
bullet style pieces but they are hollow and have a hole at the end where the wire
and solder comes through. De-solder, clean, re-solder.
stugray
The bullet type crimp connectors work, but you have to open them up a small amount
zambezi
Shuie
I have a few of the solder on ends. The 356 uses the same type bullet terminals. The brit cars also use a bullet connector. I have some if you need some.
jim
shuie
Awesome. Thanks!
mcbrems
Just discovered the female side of the bullet connector works great if you use a pair of needle nose pliers to compress it a little by rolling it in on itself a tiny bit. That way, it maintains some outward spring to hold it in the plug. You’ll need to remove the plastic insulator sheath. A dab of dielectric grease to keep the elements out, and you’re good to go!

Cheers!
GregAmy
I believe these will work:

https://belmetric.com/bullet-connector-5mm/

But I got a solder-on pair from JeffB, I don't know his source.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 30 2013, 10:05 AM) *

I've seen them used, and I've tried to use them. They don't fit properly. I have a stash of them, and I think I know where they are in the barn .................. Maybe.

The Cap'n

Still miss this guy.
914e
I think it is part number 99965210210 they solder on.
Justinp71

I just bought some of the large yellow bullet connectors and they fit perfectly.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
they are the old 356 type bullet connectors and are soldered on to the wire ends we always stock them along with the cover boot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.