Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VW Trends is Gone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94851

VW Trends was strictly for the Type 1 crowd, but since there is no magazine for us Type 4 folks I subscribed to it for the tech articles. It was at least better than Hot VWs on that score and cheaper than the European VW magazines.
wheelo
" Just Drive ! " VW Trends - Cover , January 2005 , Last edition

Good Mag, sad when Corp - America smokes a little piece of aircooled culture.
Thanks for the heads-up, guess I won't be renewing my subscription, Ha !

- RIP & Prayers to the out of work, right before Christmas, Suckey Timing Primedia!

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
URY914
I never thought the VW aircooled crowd could support two magazines that run the same articles, cover the same events and run the same ads.

I liked it better when it was VW&Porsche. IPB Image

Paul
maf914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Dec 22 2004, 04:45 AM)

Paul,

I thought that VW&Porsche morphed into European Car magazine. I used to subscribe to those until European Car dedicated itself to tech articles consisting of how to bolt on every trendy hop-up part possible. A little too monotonous.
URY914
QUOTE (maf914 @ Dec 22 2004, 05:27 AM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ Dec 22 2004, 04:45 AM)

Paul,

I thought that VW&Porsche morphed into European Car magazine. I used to subscribe to those until European Car dedicated itself to tech articles consisting of how to bolt on every trendy hop-up part possible. A little too monotonous.

You know you're right, my bad. IPB Image

Paul
rhodyguy
no doubt the internet has killed much of the ad revenue. every parts house has a site, and the info to put t-3 rear brakes on your bug doesn't require a subscription any longer. i've got a pretty large stack of trends and hot vw's.

kevin
Eric_Shea
We should buy it... IPB Image
Root_Werks
Sad, I can remember buying lots of those magazines when I was in high school. My first car was a 66' type 1. I was really into them back then. Still am, I even owned, fixed up and sold a 69' sunroof type 1 earlier this year. Replaced the floor pans on it etc. Sweet little car, probably should have just kept it. All stock.
URY914
VW Trends always had a big shot of the event Queen. But they've cut back recently.
Maybe T&A does sell?

P
TC/914
"I liked it better when it was VW&Porsche. "

I still have the issue featuring the two (914 and 912) V8 powered canyon carvers on the cover AND inside. Now I just have to FIND it in this mess . . .

That was a cool magazine.
Steve
I remember when it was Volkswagen Greats before it turned into VW-Porsche.
I still have the first issue of VW-Porsche(Feb-79).
It had a great article called Type 4 power play.
I built the same motor for my 914 back then.
The displacement was 103mmX71=2364CC.
I drag raced it on the avenue until it died.
They later came out with an article called Hidden power featuring a MSDS turbo'd six in a 914.
I used that article to convert my next 914 to a six minus the turbo.
I followed that magazine in more ways than one.
I still subscribe to European Car but its pretty boring with few and far between 914 articles.
maf914
QUOTE (Steve @ Dec 22 2004, 08:23 AM)
I remember when it was Volkswagen Greats before it turned into VW-Porsche.

So that's what it was originally titled. The original name escaped me. IPB Image
kafermeister
QUOTE (ErnieDV @ Dec 22 2004, 02:36 AM)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94851

I've got my Feb '05 issue here next to the computer. I guess it is going to be the last I one I get. I should have known something was up when one (maybe more) of their writers jumped ship and went to HotVWs.

Rick
dmenche914
Damn It!
charlesmac
hmmmm.......they just called me last week to ask if I wanted to renew my subscription. something told me not to. i wonder if it was my fault that they went under!! I might have been the straw that broke the camels back. oh no!!! oh, wait a minute..............never mind, I forget i'm not THAT important. IPB Image IPB Image
URY914
QUOTE (charlesmac @ Dec 22 2004, 12:29 PM)
hmmmm.......they just called me last week to ask if I wanted to renew my subscription. something told me not to. i wonder if it was my fault that they went under!! I might have been the straw that broke the camels back. oh no!!! oh, wait a minute..............never mind, I forget i'm not THAT important. IPB Image IPB Image

Hey there little buddy, you're important to me IPB Image

P
charlesmac
awwwww

thanks man IPB Image
wheelo
IPB Image

Eric is right.... buy-it !

Yes, yes, we should....

VW - Porsche - 914 .....

Will live again ....

IPB Image
Natedog
IPB Image
That sucks!
VW Trends is the only mag I read these days.

What a bummer......... IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.