Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auburn Ca.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ctrout
In an hour and a half I'll be leaving for California. Visiting my inlaws for the holidays. I'll be in Cool, Ca which is about 6 miles from Auburn. Anybody heard of it? The land of rust-free 914s! Anybody in the area got an extra six or even a hot four I could borrow for the week while I'm there? Seriously though, if anyone would like to show off their fast 914 let me know. I'm dying to see some real examples of these cars and there is only one besides mine where I live and it's a totally stock 75. I was going to try to make the WCC this year but it looks like my uncle has other plans. Sam will likely be sending me on an all-expense paid trip to an exotic land full of fun in the sun.
lapuwali
Hm. There's not much in Cool, and not a lot of people around. However, there are plenty of interesting auto-related things hidden away up in the mountains there. I have a good friend who lives in Georgetown, quite near there, and he's had 6 914s over the years. Alas, his current 914 is in the middle of a V8 conversion, so no rides. He knows someone with a private jet hidden away in a barn...

Lots of fabulous roads around there, as long as you don't go so high snow is a problem (about 5000ft this time of year). You might be able to attract a car or two from Sacramento or Stockton up to there.
Reiche
I have relatives in Cool. Two sets, in fact. Are we related?

Neither have 914-itis though. Sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.