Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB an LE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
cal914
Hi i'm looking to buy an LE if any one has one or knows of any looking to sell can they let me know
Thanks Brian
Michael N
Creamcicle or bumblebee? Or does it matter?
87m491
In the same vein I don't think I've seen a restored LE definitely sell since the creamsicle on these boards last year. Are those valuations still current? We have seen some very low mile nice units sell here for what look like very good deals given asking prices a year or two ago.

QUOTE(cal914 @ Nov 1 2013, 01:19 PM) *

Hi i'm looking to buy an LE if any one has one or knows of any looking to sell can they let me know
Thanks Brian

hot_shoe914
What condition are you looking for? I might be persuaded to part with my Bumblebee if the money is right.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
cal914
QUOTE(Michael N @ Nov 1 2013, 02:20 PM) *

Creamcicle or bumblebee? Or does it matter?

I'M looking for a creamcicle preferably
Thanks Brian
tumamilhem
I have a Creamsicle. Possibly the 11th one made. Production date: 14 February 1974 - Valentine's Day aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment
HalfMoon
QUOTE(cal914 @ Nov 1 2013, 04:19 PM) *

Thanks Brian

I have one but hadn't really thought about letting it go. It's a matching number, has the front valence and the uber rare dealer a/c along with many other options. Needs a total resto but don't think that means it would come cheap. In fact you'd have to make an offer that would be pretty impressive if you want it.
Click to view attachment
tumamilhem
All it needs is a good car wash. driving.gif
tumamilhem
Do you have the Mahles for that bad boy? Going to do a resto?
PanelBilly
Makes me sad to see it that way. It needs to go to a home where someone will put more money into it than its worth.
tumamilhem
agree.gif
HalfMoon
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Nov 18 2013, 06:12 PM) *

Sadly no, but they aren't horrible to find. This was a barn find about a year ago. I'm storing it in my garage until I finish some other projects. So, if someone doesn't offer me a stupid amount of money for it, yes I will be doing a full blown rotto resto.

Addedum-I snatched this from someone who didn't know what they had a day before they were going to haul it off to the crusher. It was essentially a rescue. At the time I was looking for a roller platform on which to build a V-8 but once I saw the car and realized what it was I decided to buy it if for no other reason than to stash it in my garage and prevent further deterioration with the idea that I'd do a full on resto somewhere down the road or find someone that would undetake that task.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 18 2013, 07:46 PM) *

Makes me sad to see it that way. It needs to go to a home where someone will put more money into it than its worth.

Actually I estimate the resto at about 10-12k. It's one of 154 know in the world still in existence. Rarer than a GT-6 by far. Fully restored they command 25-30k.
I'm currently in the middle of another big project so I've stashed this in my garage for the day when I can direct my full attention to it. It is barn fresh.
On the other hand, perhaps you'd be the someone who'd like to put money in it today?
Make me an offer (and please, not a silly one. I know what I have)
tumamilhem
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Nov 19 2013, 12:38 AM) *

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Nov 18 2013, 06:12 PM) *

Sadly no, but they aren't horrible to find. This was a barn find about a year ago. I'm storing it in my garage until I finish some other projects. So, if someone doesn't offer me a stupid amount of money for it, yes I will be doing a full blown rotto resto.

piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif popcorn[1].gif
tumamilhem
Per NADA for (standard - no options) 1974 Porsche 914 2.0 http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/197...arga-2-0/Values

Original MSRP: $6,050
Low Retail: $14,850
Average Retail: $17,500
High Retail: $24,300

And that's not for an LE, which is the rarest 914 production car ever made. Ironically, when available, the LE (all were fully loaded) cost LESS than a regular 1974 2.0 fully loaded. The Dealer Label for my LE shows Original MSRP of $6,724.50 Undercoating ($35) and "New Car Preperation" ($100) came to $6,859.50 w/o tax/tag/title fees. I would price a fully restored LE substantially more over a fully restored/loaded 1974 2.0. And Creamsicles even more because there's half as many of those on the road than Bumblebees, so they're even more rare. But still, they are all highly valued and i think should be kept 100% completely OG. Mods are for standards. These are rare and should be kept as original as possible. Just my opinion.
87m491
I had originally asked about real world prices but haven't seen one in a bit. While it appears many are willing to ask "substantially" higher prices for LEs vs similar non LE model but as buyer I think the question is "anyone willing to pay a substantial premium"? I am not, especially when we have recently seen a handful of sub 60K mile 2.0s with all the goodies barely breaking into the $teens.
As with many collectables highest power options usually bring the highest prices. Not sure why stripes and paint, in many cases which are no longer even present deserves even a modest premium. Some seem to acknowledge this by considering sales only if offered "silly" money.
So many try to point out the rarity, but rarely does rarity alone drive premium prices. Which is why i feel the 6s will always bring more dollars than these particular LEs no matter how much one beats the rarer drum.

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Nov 18 2013, 10:12 PM) *

Per NADA for (standard - no options) 1974 Porsche 914 2.0 [url=http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1974/Porsche/914/2-Door-Targa-2-0/Values]http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/197...arga-2-

And that's not for an LE, which is the rarest 914 production car ever made. I would price a fully restored LE substantially more over a fully restored/loaded 1974 2.0. And Creamsicles even more because there's half as many of those on the road than Bumblebees,

JeffBowlsby
No argument on the /6 pricing, they will always be in the highest demand and price category of 914s.

The 914 LE's have a unique set of characteristics that people either value or not, their rarity is only one factor. They are more than just paint and stripes. The COA lists the special factory equipment and their Can Am heritage. No other 914 has those features. They also were built fully loaded with sway bars, foglamps, the center gauge console, Mahle alloys, a special paint scheme, specially-designed side stripes and front spoiler, and other items that were extra cost on standard 914s for 1974, but included on the 914LE. Big deal? These may mean more to some than others, does not mean one 914 is better than the other, just different.

914 LEs are not likely to command 914/6 prices ever, but the best examples are appreciating like all 914s, neglected examples are rotting away. Realistically they are valued identical to a comparable condition and equipped standard 1974 914 2.0L, plus a small value for the intrigue factor. The values of all 914s are based on their condition and that is fairly homogenous across 914 models regardless of model year or engine size. I have seen 914LE's sell for $500 to $25K, just like standard 914/4s. A pristine original 74 2.0L recently sold for over $40K. Its all based on condition. Beyond that, its just buyer preference, no worries either way.
87m491
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Though I am not sure "Can Am heritage" counts too much without Can Am parts included, although recent Audi adds drawing on rally heritage might say otherwise! And as I am now on the side of life when I have a few more dollars than time, it makes the discount on done cars (we virtually never get our money back on restorations, btdt) plus the immediacey of enjoyment they allow makes for me, a more rewarding purchase consideration. I've always been drawn to the odd ducks, but also very happy with the understated, which is where some of the recently really well done or "survivor" 2.0s have been. Mechanically very sound or improved and ready to drive back across country which for me seems where all the very decent 914s are!
Like so many cars of this vintage I'm not sure of the real value of any of the pricing guides given what we have seen here on the list that at times might confirm and other times be laughably far off these guides. Still a very unique and dynamic market place driven by individual abilities/tastes and pocket books at the time.

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 25 2013, 08:49 PM) *

914 LEs are not likely to command 914/6 prices ever, but the best examples are appreciating like all 914s, neglected examples are rotting away. Realistically they are valued identical to a comparable condition and equipped standard 1974 914 2.0L, plus a small value for the intrigue factor. The values of all 914s are based on their condition and that is fairly homogenous across 914 models regardless of model year or engine size. I have seen 914LE's sell for $500 to $25K, just like standard 914/4s. A pristine original 74 2.0L recently sold for over $40K. Its all based on condition. Beyond that, its just buyer preference, no worries either way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.