Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 HX on a 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teknon
Why can't the 1.7/1.8 exhaust fit on a 2.0? Doesn't the exhaust manifold come out in the same place? I see the bend on the 1.7 HX where as the 2.0 exhaust is straight. Curious. IPB Image
Aaron Cox
it CAN go on....

but the 2.0 EX is good for *5* more HP b/c less restriction

* subject to verification *
Mueller
5hp is pushing it, it's a much less loss than that.....

you'll need the 1.7 muffler and exhaust hanger that bolts to the rear of the transmission
Bleyseng
There is a difference in the OEM HE's 1.7 vs 2.0l in pipe diameter. With the SSI HE's the pipe is the same size. Using the OEM 1.7's on a 2.0l will rob some hp.

Geoff
Teknon
These are SS HX's. I heard but not sure that they are bigger. IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
I am in the process of going from a 1.7 to a 2.0, the 2.0 that I have is a 75 so I will be using the 1.7 HX and muffler that I already have until I can afford the SS 73 style HX. I have been told that I can swap them right over.
Teknon
Why did Porsche make the 2.0 HX straight?
Root_Werks
If you look at a stock and I mean stock (30+ year old stock) 1.7 muffler and 2.0 muffler you will see the 2.0 is just larger, hence the need to bring it down a little more or make the pipes straight. The 1.7 muffler is smaller so Porsche was able to bring it up a little farther to better hide it. You can use the 1.7 HE on a 2.0, I would doubt you would actually notice a power loss. Both engines are under 100hp and differ by less than 20hp so the difference would probably be 1-2hp loss. Somewere in there.

Yes, the SSI's are slightly larger than even the stock 2.0 HE pipes. Now, I set of SSI's and bursch muffler (or equiv) might add 4-5hp on a 2.0, 3-4hp on a 1.7.

Also, yes the hangers are different as well of course. The 1.7 puts the muffler higher. IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE (Teknon @ Dec 22 2004, 09:25 AM)
These are SS HX's. I heard but not sure that they are bigger. IPB Image

yupp, they are. same inner dia. for the 1.7/1.8/2.0 SSIs, larger than stock ...

and yes, you'll also need the 1.7 hanger and a 1.7 exhaust ...
IPB Image Andy
Teknon
Thanks alot you guys. I love this website. Don't know how I would do all this without it.
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Three cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.