Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Year's Day SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Howard
Hear this gets a really good turnout. I'll be there (starting from Calabasas)

Hangover Rally
SLITS
Harrrrumph...toying with the pinky lifters.......Hangover by Sebastani........No drivers there.

I'd rather be with the Tequila Barbarians in Mexico.......
Howard
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 22 2004, 02:26 PM)
Harrrrumph...toying with the pinky lifters.......Hangover by Sebastani........No drivers there.

I'd rather be with the Tequila Barbarians in Mexico.......

I'll miss you IPB Image . Sending toast?
MXMARK
Howard, I was thinking about this run last year so I would like to go this year. My 911 is broken so I want to bring the 914. I hope we can meet up and give the 911's a run in our 914's. I'll see ya there. Thank you Mark
Brando
OOH OOH! Can I come?! IPB Image IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE (Brando @ Dec 23 2004, 01:24 AM)
OOH OOH! Can I come?! IPB Image IPB Image

Only if your car doesn't leak oil at the rate of 3 quarts per minute!!!!
Aaron Cox
i might go.....

maybe ill bum a ride with mark
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 23 2004, 10:55 AM)
i might go.....

Ok Aaron, whazzzup with your car? Need an engine?
phantom914
QUOTE (MXMARK @ Dec 22 2004, 06:49 PM)
...................... My 911 is broken so I want to bring the 914. .......................

IPB Image Isn't that the opposite of the typical scenario?

Andrew IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 23 2004, 11:04 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 23 2004, 10:55 AM)
i might go.....

Ok Aaron, whazzzup with your car? Need an engine?

nada...just fugly.....

need paint and body IPB Image
SLITS
Well, if I go I'm taking the racer I bought and it ain't pretty.......screw what it looks like, it'll still outrun the assdraggers..................... IPB Image

Uhhhh, the paint store is still open and a couple of ratttle cans and you can look like the GT2.
Aaron Cox
heheh.... maybe the 4 of us (slits, mark, brando meself) can do a convoy IPB Image
SLITS
I wanna park mine next to a GT3 or Ferrari, roll beer cans and empty beer nut packages all around it. Maybe I'll even leave the tobacco stripes down the side of it. I prolly should bring at least four concrete blocks to jack it up on too!
Brando
I'm down for a krylon party. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
JoeSharpOld
I'll be there.
Joe
SLITS
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Dec 23 2004, 04:00 PM)
I'll be there.
Joe

Gonna AX the motorhome on Mulholland? IPB Image

OR

Are you bringing the red "Porsche Killer"? IPB Image
Howard
I've never been to this shindig, but understand lots of clubs talk about it and the picnic after is a super car and BS show.

Seems we have some of the best BS artists around, so c'mon and play.
SLITS
You mean *****gasp**** there are OTHER clubs?
Howard
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 23 2004, 03:15 PM)
You mean *****gasp**** there are OTHER clubs?

Yeah, but no better bullshitters! Present company excluded, of course IPB Image
JoeSharpOld
Ron: I'd A/X the couch, but I already embarass to many people with the rustic red bug. IPB Image
I got the 75 running IPB Image
Joe
SLITS
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Dec 23 2004, 04:21 PM)
Ron: I'd A/X the couch, but I already embarass to many people with the rustic red bug. IPB Image
I got the 75 running IPB Image
Joe

Hey Joe, did ya get extra THICK soles on your shoes for the Flintstone mobile? Remember, if it looks any better than A-a-ron Admin's, you have to drive with Howard and the pinky lifters.

Howard, I do not, at any time, over embellish or prevaricate.......
SLITS
yeah, c’mon on all you big strong men
Howard needs your help again
he’s got himself in a terrible jam
way down yonder in Westlake
so put down your puter and pick up the keys
we’re gonna have a whole lot of fun

and it’s 1, 2, 3, what’re we drivin' for?
don’t ask me, I don’t give a damn
next stop is Hollywood
and it’s 5, 6, 7, open up the Westlake gates
ah, ain’t no time to wonder why
whoopee! we’re all gonna drive.

well c’mon porcupines, let’s move fast
your big chance has come at last
gotta go out and get those elebens
the only good eleben is one who’s dead
and you know that peace can only be won when we’ve shown ‘em all our tail

and it’s 1, 2, 3, what’re we drivin' for?
don’t ask me, I don’t give a damn
next stop is Hollywood
and it’s 5, 6, 7, open up the Westlake gates
ah, ain’t no time to wonder why
whoopee! we’re all gonna drive.
JoeSharpOld
Aaron wont mind running with this car cause it looks alot like his car.
Joe
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Dec 23 2004, 04:48 PM)
Joe

that hurts joe....you cut me deep....real deep IPB Image

IPB Image ill blow your F***in doors off IPB Image IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 23 2004, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Dec 23 2004, 04:48 PM)
Joe

that hurts joe....you cut me deep....real deep IPB Image

IPB Image ill blow your F***in doors off IPB Image IPB Image

"Lips" speaks IPB Image
MXMARK
Aaron, You can ride with me if you want to but I think you would have more fun in your own car. Let me know.

BTW I do have a sofa sleeper in the back of my truck for the run. I do need to install the 2.0L six and a tail shifter trans first. Thanks Mark.
neo914-6
Here's some pics of 2003. I'll be in Seattle, have fun!
Hangover Drive
Felix
Sammy
This drive is a bit unusual in that everything shows up, from stock cars to race cars, from drivers who just want to putt-putt around to drivers who think they are mario Andretti in the indy 500.
Gotta be careful not to get mixed up with them wanna be F1 drivers, nohing good comes from that small part of the crowd except "film at 11" footage.
SLITS
Mario & his son were wimps........Bill Elliot and Jimmy Clark forever!!!
skline
Well, I gotta ask, what happened to this car last year on the drive? It was posted with the rest.
SLITS
It had active suspension and computer control and Michael couldn't handle it! IPB Image
Sammy
There hasn't be a reaaly good driver since phil hill IPB Image
Brando
QUOTE (Sammy @ Dec 24 2004, 07:48 AM)
This drive is a bit unusual in that everything shows up, from stock cars to race cars, from drivers who just want to putt-putt around to drivers who think they are mario Andretti in the indy 500.
Gotta be careful not to get mixed up with them wanna be F1 drivers, nohing good comes from that small part of the crowd except "film at 11" footage.

But I am Steve fuckin' McQueen IPB Image
boxstr
Here is the F1 driver, "film at 11".
CCLINRADICALRAKE
Sammy
I think I see the back of a car, hard to tell because of the camoflage paint on it IPB Image

Some cars deserve to be in a ditch.
campbellcj
I was just a few cars behind that yellow ...ahem... when it went off. It was somewhat hilarious as it happened on the first serious "turn" of the run. To the guy's defense, it is a blind tight sweeper and who knows if he'd ever driven on this sort of road before. (I think not). It was a Good Thing he did it there instead of a few minutes later...off a 300ft cliff. IPB Image
SLITS
Ok. let's see....that's brake hard, roll into the corner, feather the throttle, feather the throttle, DAMNIT, I SAID FEATHER THE THROTTLE......OH SHIT.......................................
Howard
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 25 2004, 09:20 AM)
Ok. let's see....that's brake hard, roll into the corner, feather the throttle, feather the throttle, DAMNIT, I SAID FEATHER THE THROTTLE......OH SHIT.......................................

Dammit Nurse, I told you to Prick his Boil!!!!!

Hey Ron, you and the gang really coming up New Year's? I'm no Joe, but could fire up the BBQ and incinerate something. Only have Cuervo, so BYO.
SLITS
I am, at this time, polishing the "racer" so that I won't be embarassed by all that expensive machinery. The plan is YES...assuming the weather permits....they better drag out that tired old saying that it never rains on the Rose Parade or there's gonna be a shitpile of cars in the ditches. IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 25 2004, 10:32 AM)
I am, at this time, polishing the "racer" so that I won't be embarassed by all that expensive machinery. The plan is YES...assuming the weather permits....they better drag out that tired old saying that it never rains on the Rose Parade or there's gonna be a shitpile of cars in the ditches. IPB Image

im probably down to go....

convoy ron???? IPB Image
SLITS
Ola.....Si Senor Admin
Aaron Cox
mxmark i sprobably gonna go.....brando too.....

so thats 4 of us in the riverside area...
SLITS
I sure hope that Howard isn't thinking of scorching something he black-marketed from Russia.

AND

If we get together, we might be able to get SKline's Shalom running for the event (it isn't New Years yet, so he's still fair game).
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 25 2004, 10:50 AM)
If we get together, we might be able to get SKline's Shalom running for the event (it isn't New Years yet, so he's still fair game).

serious! get brittney's ride goin IPB Image
Howard
At least pick him up so he can see a V8 that runs IPB Image

Sounds like a party in the making.
SLITS
Are you going to soak the Bulga in Cuervo?
SLITS
Der Weiße Bandit is waiting to mate....errrrrrrr......meet with Suzi on New Year's Day.

IPB Image

hubba hubba BRRRRUUUUHAHAHHAHHAHHA!
Howard
Ron, tell me that's not armorall on Bandit IPB Image Have you crossed a line? Suzi doesn't go for girlie cars!
Just spent 1 1/2 hours going 2 miles on the effin 101 in West Valley. All lanes closed while they towed a few nimrods over to the side. IPB Image
SLITS
No it ain't Armorall, It's a special parfummmee & salad dressing we dreamed up.

Ok, how many of you are still willing to "wet test" your teener? You can get real clean in the "spin cycle". IPB Image
MXMARK
I drove my 914 in the rain to Costa Mesa and back to Riverside today. I had to pick up my rebuilt fuel line to the 911 3.2L. The fuel line cost me $140 instead of $540 new. Plus I can replace the hoses later to braided if I want to or if they smogrot again. I don't have to worry about the fuel line startng my car on fire again for a while. Warning to 3.2L owners. Thanks Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.