Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sale: Tangerine Cable Throttle Linkage Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
ChrisFoley
A recent redesign of The Tangerine Racing Cable Throttle Linkage Kit means the website price will be increased to $319.95 for 2014.

With the original design, the cable brackets and slave cable at the master pulley interfered with the spark plug boot and the tin on some installations, especially those with short manifolds.
Recently I worked out a simple revision to eliminate the interference, but then quickly came up with the fully redesigned assembly.

I had 5 kits with the simple revision for only $219.95 (including delivery) Those are sold out.

From now until Christmas the price of the redesigned kit is only $289.95.
Order directly from the website (using Paypal) or call to place your order over the phone with a credit card.

Here are some pictures for reference:

Original design (prototype shown) - both cables have a fixed mounting position on the cable bracket.
Click to view attachment

First Revision - slave cable mounted on an added bracket. The lower mounting ear is cut off the cable bracket.
Click to view attachment

New design - new bracket with movable mounts for both cables.
Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Struggling with my carbs and Chris throws this out! Struggling to not hit the buy button until I try the dreaded hex bar again!
Mblizzard
Struggled with that f#%king hex bar for the last time. Ordered these and I sure am looking forward to something that works!
rhodyguy
this simplification will make installing the setup easier. are the 'update' items avail separately? ditching the dels with the early system for the webers.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 5 2013, 08:44 AM) *

this simplification will make installing the setup easier. are the 'update' items avail separately? ditching the dels with the early system for the webers.

I had an inquiry overnight about selling the update pieces separately to people who already have the original kit, so I came up with prices this morning.

The simple update is $35 delivered.
It includes the adapter block and one cable mounting bolt.
Installation requires drilling one hole and trimming the old slave cable mounting ear.

Updating to the new design is $120.
Two new tee bar brackets and three cable mounting bolts are included.
Two pieces are eliminated from each side of the original assembly.
rhodyguy
i like that the hex screw that retains the helper spring is now exposed.
ThePaintedMan
Hey Chris,
I found something that might interest you. I was in the junkyard a couple weekends ago and found some throttle cables that are the same style as the factory throttle cable, but for use on the slave-to-master crossover cable. It's a little more flexible and has the correct end to fit your kit. I can send you one if you like so you can check it out.

Bump for an awesome kit in general though!
Mblizzard
I installed mine and it is a work of art that performs flawlessly. Thanks Chris.
914ltd
The labor cost alone to make the hex shaft linkage work somewhat well is more than the cost of Chris's kit. The geometry of the hex shaft kit is almost impossible to allow both throttles to advance evenly. From what I've seen come into the shop, most of 914's currently with dual Webers would find vastly improved driveability with Chris's kit.
Brad Mayeur
Mblizzard
QUOTE(914ltd @ Nov 27 2013, 06:17 AM) *

The labor cost alone to make the hex shaft linkage work somewhat well is more than the cost of Chris's kit. The geometry of the hex shaft kit is almost impossible to allow both throttles to advance evenly. From what I've seen come into the shop, most of 914's currently with dual Webers would find vastly improved driveability with Chris's kit.
Brad Mayeur

I struggled with my hex bar for almost a year. Worked? Yes but with a lot of time and effort to get something that was just ok. After my first drive with the Tangerine linkage my wife asked me how it drove. I had only one thing to say "exceptional". She replied that she had never heard me use that word to describe my carbs during all my efforts to get them right.

I am cheap but I wish I had done this sooner.
ChrisFoley
Update 12/5/13: the original sale of 5 upgraded kits is complete.
The redesigned kit is on sale until 21/31/13 for $289.95.
Price for 2014 will be $319.95.

(first post edited)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.