I haven't had the tim yet to crawl under the 914 too see what ales my clutch mechanism. I really hope it's just and adjustment.

I had this long weekend well planned. Fix the 914, recieve new appliences and do some much needed painting. I have orders coming out my... you get the idea. I have the referance pics located and the shirts laid out but when I went to turn on the compressor, no go. I stripped the timing belt!. Now, if I'm lucky I'll get the parts in time for next weekend. The hard part will be paying for it all. I just have some unscheduled service done on the GTI and need to make reservation for the 914 New England gathering and now to pay for a belt plus a spare. Such is life I suppose.

To help with the costs, I put my Hershey Event samples on ebay. I know many of the readers here were interested and even placed a few of the orders I need to work on, but if anyone is interested in my ebay auctions and take a chance of getting a deal, go here... http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/djm914-6/

Now, again I ask, how does one tighten a clutch cable to take up 4-6" of slack?

Thanks,