Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PDA for surfing the Club?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I know people here use desktops, MACs and laptops to browse the 914club board, but do any of you do it with a PDA? I was sitting here working on a couple of computers for clients and while I was waiting for them to load, I pulled out my PDA and opened the 914world.com site. I have not figured out how to get it to log on yet but just the fact I could connect was pretty cool. I have to wear my glasses to do it but it works!
swood
I've been wondering if that would work. We should start a thread on PDA's (the computing type IPB Image ) cuz I needs to buy one. IPB Image
Eric Taylor
Yeah, I've done it, logged on and everything. It's a HP iPaq, and it worked pretty we'll except you gota scroll a lot IPB Image. But on the iPaq at least you have a pretty much full version of explorer so it loads everything, all the smilies, picutres, videos, all the good stuff, but the club site combined with the wireles card really eat the battery, but it does work we'll and loaded pretty fast on cable internet, and a 400mhz processor. Anyway, it was pretty cool! Actually it was about the only reason that prevented me from selling the dam thing. IPB Image
Eric
bryanthompson
I browsed with the Zire for a few minutes, but I can't get the powerbook to share the connection to the palm over bluetooth. My life would be complete if I could just get that to work. IPB Image IPB Image
airsix
Well, not exactly, but once I did connect my first-generation Palmpilot via 14.4 modem to my ISP and used a vt100 terminal emulator to log into a shell account on a BSDI Unix box where I used PINE on the command line to read my Porschephiles email. I did use Lynx to pull up some web-pages too, but 9/10ths of today's Internet didn't even exist back then. Haven't had a PDA online since. IPB Image Graphics? No, the only thing graphic was the profanity people used back then when the modem connection dropped for the 4th time in 10 minutes.
-Ben M.
Qarl
[cough] GEEKS! [/cough]
skline
QUOTE (Qarl @ Dec 23 2004, 06:47 AM)
[cough]  GEEKS!  [/cough]

Hey Karl, I just new some pinhead would say something like that, I am not a geek, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not..................................

Insert smiley with pocket protector here
Mueller
I've tried to use my Sprint cell phone on the site, I can view the main links and the some of the thread headers, but cannot get it to view the actual thread posts IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.