Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speakers!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
hey all!

im in the market for a new set of speakers. i need a good set seing how they will be the only 2 in the car. so what should i look for?
*5x7
*4x6
*2 way
*3 way

what are you guys experience with speakers......what will and what wont fit?

TIA beerchug.gif
scottb
OOH!!!! me too!

my speakers suck.......

need something to fit in the factory chambers. i have a spare set just in case i pull a gump on the indigenous products...... unsure.gif
StratPlayer
Bummer, some guy was selling cerwin vega plate speakers that fit right into the stock speaker grills, I think they were for 50 bucks on ebay. I have a pair in my car now an what a difference they make.

they were 4x6 plate speakers
this pic shows how they fit into the speaker grills
bhfast
4x 6 is the stock size, but i recall people talking about stuffing 5x7's in their. i would go with 3 way for a little more sound quality. IMHO
brian
elmonte
I put Alpine 4x6 plates in my 70 fit nice sound great
tried the 5x7 but they where about 1/4 inch to tall
to fit in the enclosure. Do all 914 's have the same size kickpanel
enclosures?
dbelleperc
Speakers? Speakers? What the hell it that? Oh yeah the thing that don't make any noise at freeway speeds. I just have 2 pioneers 4x6's and a Blankaput face. excuse the spelling at 5:00 in the morning.
seanery
If it were me, I'd do a nice, high quality plate speaker (2 way) or the best 4x6 I could find (2 way).
Oval speakers are not as efficient as round ones, so those should always be first choice.
Aaron Cox
i found these at crutchfield....says they will fit? not a bad price either 2 way!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.