Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You asked for it...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
IPB Image The following is for personal consumption use only--if I see this show up on a store shelve anywhere I will sue...hehe... IPB Image

The following will feed 2-45 people ( some of you rednecks will suck the whole pan down in one gulp--do not even say you won't, cause I lived in Mississippi and Alabama for awhile and know better.. IPB Image )

8 lbs of ground beef
3 tubes of hot breakfast sausage
1 bag of white potatoes
1 jar of Pace,or (equivelant) jalapeno SALSA, very hot style
2 large yellow onions
1 small jar of pre-chopped garlic in its own juice
2 cups of chili powder
1 large green bell pepper
2 cans of Old El Paso or (equivelant) diced green chilis (do not drain)
3/4 cup garlic powder (not garlic salt!!!)
1/4 cup coarse ground black pepper
1/3 cup sea salt (raw, unprocessed)
4 large cans of crushed tomatoes
1 lg. can tomato sauce
1 lg can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 stick of butter (butter-not margarine thar red-neck!)

Follow fully and carefully:

wash and chop up the potatoes into cubes of size of your preference--place in glass casserole with one stick of butter ( anybody who uses margarine at this point should be shot , drawn and quartered) stir only once during cooking when butter melts--(oven at no higher than 350 degrees) cook until tender, yet crusty..

I large (preferably electric) cooker on a heat range no higher than 225 degrees place ground beef, salsa, diced onions, diced bell pepper, full jar with juice of chopped garlic, garlic powder, salt , pepper, and diced chilis---do not just brown---mix continually for at least 2 hours at 225 degrees. At this point drain 1/2 of beef mix only till somewhat dry--leave the rest in the cooker.

Brown the sausage on the stovetop--drain till just moist.

Now add all the meat together in the cooker and add all the tomato product--

At this time coat the entire surface with a light hazing of garlic powder---

simmer this concoction @ 225 degrees for at least 3 hours---

Do not add potatoes until ready to eat, or else they will lose their "essence".

Season to individual preference--although at this point I did not season at all for the competition.......

The point is to fuse all the flavor into the meat--then as it simmers it will season the sauce to just right---has a very good bite--with an incredible aftertaste--the heat is just right ---you know it is there- yet it does not kill your taste buds

Enjoy with judicious and copiuos amounts of your favorite frosty alcoholic beverage.

Have a great one!!!! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
balljoint
Can I substitute Moose meat? I'm Canadian. IPB Image

Thanks for the recipe, I will be making this next Thursday.

And yes, I will be using Moose Meat.
jwalters
QUOTE (balljoint @ Dec 23 2004, 11:13 AM)
Can I substitute Moose meat? I'm Canadian. IPB Image

Thanks for the recipe, I will be making this next Thursday.

And yes, I will be using Moose Meat.

IPB Image Dude, let me know how it turns out--I LOVE game!!!!!

Rock on man------------ IPB Image
balljoint
Will do.

I always sub in the Venison or Moose meat we have in the freezer for recipes, it is really good stuff and very lean. Since the meat is usually the biggest number on the grocery bill it really helps to justify time away from my wife in the fall.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.