Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motor going back into car TODAY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jandro62
After 2 years of sitting in the driveway, my motor is finally going back into the 914 this afternoon! (just in time for the Texas cold front of course...) But I have a few questions. Basically, I'm following the pelican parts tech article in reverse to put it back in. The issue is lining the bolts on the transmission mounts up. Since those suckers are angled so sharply, do I need to remove the mounts entirely, or is there some trick to shimmying the trans up those bolts?
jwalters
OK--you seee this right here--this is good--turn that over there a few times---now lift up on that,,whooo-too much lift, let it down a little--thats good--now tighten that over there---screw this in a little--thats good--now hook that up................you got a six foot crow bar???? oh well, use that over there instead---ok, now connect this--good--ok your done!!!!

Wait a minute--whats this??? ohhh crap--ok, now take it all back apart and put this............................

IPB Image IPB Image

Just kiidin---leave everything a little loose--and then starting from the front mounts back tighten everything up----it will fit..good luck..J
McMark
It can be a challenge to get all the mounts to line up. People usually leave the transmission mounts attached to the transmission and undo the four small bolts that hold the mount to the chassis. Even this way is troublesome, but there's less chance of damaging the tranny mounts.
McMark
For clarity, undo the two bolts at the chassis, not the big nut underneath.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.