Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: End Play
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OU8AVW
I put my case halve together but saw that my crank move quite a bit. I understand that the end play is adjusted after the rest of the long block is assembled but I would like comment before I continue. It's much easier to correct a mistake at this point. I have been religious about watching Jake's video while I go along....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USGwPK6K_HI

Mark Henry
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Nov 10 2013, 08:25 AM) *

I put my case halve together but saw that my crank move quite a bit. I understand that the end play is adjusted after the rest of the long block is assembled but I would like comment before I continue. It's much easier to correct a mistake at this point. I have been religious about watching Jake's video while I go along....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USGwPK6K_HI

You don't have a flywheel on. Normal.
Stick the flywheel on with 2 shims (no seal at this point) and measure.
OU8AVW
Thanks Mark! I will proceed in good faith.
MartyYeoman
I've found it easier to set endplay before installing the pistons and cylinders.
There's less springiness to contend with. I like that feel better.
Marty
reharvey
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Nov 10 2013, 03:04 PM) *

I've found it easier to set endplay before installing the pistons and cylinders.
There's less springiness to contend with. I like that feel better.
Marty

agree.gif
tscrihfield
Good choice in music! Dave is the man!

Oh and I agree, normal until flywheel and shims installed.
TheCabinetmaker
I must make a comment on the music. It is almost always on at my shop, but it gets turned off when Im building an engine. Especially the measuring process. I also lock the doors and turn off my phone. I want absolutely no distractions. I need 100% focus on what is at hand. It might be just me...
Drums66
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Nov 11 2013, 08:16 AM) *

I must make a comment on the music. It is almost always on at my shop, but it gets turned off when Im building an engine. Especially the measuring process. I also lock the doors and turn off my phone. I want absolutely no distractions. I need 100% focus on what is at hand. It might be just me...

rock_band.gif sssshhhhhhhhssssshhhhhhh flag.gif flag.gif
flag.gif flag.gif(Salute to our Service-Men!!)
(some people do precision work with music on! idea.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.