Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
I am looking for advise on the size and types of wheel spacers that people feel comfortable to use.

I have alot of space to fill on my race car and I was wondering if I should keep the same track width on the front and rear for autocross and or for racing???

It seems that the same track width would have certain advantages, yet the differing widths would help in other ways.....

Also, what are your spacers made out of?
Are they solid or individual washer type spacers?
Do you get them balanced?

And last of all, where can I get 4 lug spacers up to 2" thick without having to go custom???

Rich
r_towle
bump
Mueller
the best most secure is a hubcentric design which slides over the studs...

2" is about the max I'd feel comfortable with...depending on the offset of the wheels.....

I've only seen aluminum spacers, steel would work, but they'd be heavy, there are also a few different types of slide-on spacers..solid, star or a mixture of both to lessen the weight

I would never use or recommend any setup that requires more than one spacer..if you need 1/2" use one 1/2" spacer, not 2 1/4" spacers

2" 4-lug spacer?? custom, I'd look into one of the companies that advertise on eBay (which someone posted about on here just a few days ago).....I'll be running 1/2" spacers on the rear of my car and 1" spacers on the front (4-lug that slide over new longer pressed in studs)
SirAndy
i know this is not 4-lug, but the concept is the same ...

1st, you'll need longer studs (in your case, studs and not bolts!), mine are 100 mm:
SirAndy
then you'll need spacers, these are factory porsche, aluminium, ~0.8" each ...
SirAndy
backside is hollow, saves weight ...
SirAndy
2 spacers, ~1.6" thick
SirAndy
3 spacers, ~2.5" thick
SirAndy
last one, 3 spacers, sideview ...
Joe Bob
That's the set up that Frankenstealth is running.....100mm on th eback with 3 inch spacers.....RSR flares on a 356 with 8 inch Fuchs and 245/45/16 tires....but I'm not really normal.... IPB Image
r_towle
ok,
I have long studs already pressed in.

The SCCA regulation seems to be 7" wide wheels..
Got those panasports with cantilevered racing slicks so they end up being 12 inches wide total...

Now I am about 2 inches shy of what would look ok in these wheel wells. Right now it looks retarded. but so do I .

I will take some pics, I still owe you a pic of my front end (Andy)

I also would like to hear the racing opinions of track width front versus rear....I can very easily have a much wider rear end than front...does that make it right???

Autocross this year, possibly some track events once I trust the car...brakes, steering etc...

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.