Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How can I find the history of my 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
LINGO
I just purchased my 1975 914 2.0 last month and was hoping to do some more research on its history. All I have is the previous owners registration, a few of his receipts and what he knew of it which was limited. I obviously have the VIN # but CarFax only goes back to 1981 and American made only. Are there any other places I can go to research this for a 914?
Pat Garvey
The first place to start is the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity. It's not cheap, and not always 100% correct but it IS a start.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(LINGO @ Nov 10 2013, 09:34 AM) *

I just purchased my 1975 914 2.0 last month and was hoping to do some more research on its history. All I have is the previous owners registration, a few of his receipts and what he knew of it which was limited. I obviously have the VIN # but CarFax only goes back to 1981 and American made only. Are there any other places I can go to research this for a 914?

Without some kind of record (the warranty/service record book for example) I think it will be nearly impossible to obtain any historical information about your car. Even if you were able to determine the original dealership that sold the car, I believe dealerships are only obligated to keep their sales records for 7 years or thereabouts. The only other record is the Certificate of Authenticity but that won't provide anything more than how the car was configured when it was sold.
orthobiz
Obvious question would be who did the most recent owner buy it from? Can you contact that person?

Next, post a picture of the car (if you haven't already), maybe someone here will recognize it. I know I recognized my old black car for sale on the club site 7 years ago…Hey, things happen sometimes.

Paul
weibi
thanks
Pat Garvey
Pleas post a pic and this VIN. Maybe then we can help you.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.