Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 914-6 difference?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
I was looking at a pinned thread in Originality Thread about the differences between the 914-4 and 914-6 and I didn't see anything about the gauges.
Some time back I bought this combination gauge that is for the 914-6. I was told it was specific to the 914-6. It has a part number - 914 541 101 10

I have decided not to use it in my conversion (not enough information for me) but before I sell it, I thought I would put it out here for discussion. Is it really specific to the 914-6 and not the 914-4? If so, it is a difference that wasn't previously mentioned in that thread started by SirAndy.
JamesM
http://www.p914.com/p914_gauges_combo.htm

r_towle
QUOTE(JamesM @ Nov 10 2013, 04:03 PM) *

Cool site.

Rich
McMark
Did you post it in the Originality thread. poke.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 10 2013, 01:18 PM) *

Yes sir. Last post in the pinned thread that SirAndy started on the differences between 914-4 and 914-6...
r_towle
It appears that your gauge was offered in the 2.0 liter /4 that did not have the appearance package also....as well as the six.

So, a slight difference.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 10 2013, 01:46 PM) *

It appears that your gauge was offered in the 2.0 liter /4 that did not have the appearance package also....as well as the six.

So, a slight difference.

I'd say more than slight if it was only offered in the subset non-appearance group 2.0. I've not seen a lot of non-appearance group 2.0 cars....
r_towle
I had two pass on through here, so I have two of those gauges on the shelf.
Was planning to make a quad gauge.....someday
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 10 2013, 03:18 PM) *

Nobody would see it there! biggrin.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 10 2013, 07:39 PM) *

Eric, you're absolutely correct.
I recently added some items to the "different on a six" thread.
I'm sure it will languish unseen at the bottom of that thread forever.
Can there be a mechanism to bring attention to new additions ?
Rory
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 10 2013, 05:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 10 2013, 07:39 PM) *

Eric, you're absolutely correct.
I recently added some items to the "different on a six" thread.
I'm sure it will languish unseen at the bottom of that thread forever.
Can there be a mechanism to bring attention to new additions ?
Rory

Rory,
My mechanism is to put it here too! evilgrin.gif

That thread is so complete that it is exciting to find something that isn't included! w00t.gif
John
While there was a combination gauge offered with the 2.0 without the appearance group (center console), as my Dad's car did when he purchased it from a dealer in 74, at least, the 74 2.0 combo gauge did not have the colored bands on the temp gauge, and the icons on the idiot lights are different.

I have had some of the early 914 combo (temp/fuel) gauges and the ones with silver centers look similar but there are at least 2 different versions. Similar to the early non-combo fuel gauges, some of the early 914 combo (temp/fuel) gauges had the icons in different orders (locations).

Sorry, but I don't have pics of the differences. I may be able to find a pic of a 1974 914 combo (fuel/temp) gauge that I can post when I get home from work.
Dave_Darling
I'm interested in hearing about the silver-center combo gauges with oil temp. Any idea what car they came out of? Could it have been a special-order 73 2.0 without center console? Or from a 1.7 that actually had a temp gauge without a console?

I had figured that all of the silver-center combo gauges that had oil temp were out of 914-6es, or had been modified.

--DD
Eric_Shea
Has it sold yet? biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 11 2013, 04:13 PM) *

Has it sold yet? biggrin.gif

Twice. And unfortunately I only have one. sad.gif
Eric_Shea
Can I then move this to the classifieds where it should have been in the first place? biggrin.gif

IPB Image

poke.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 11 2013, 04:17 PM) *

Can I then move this to the classifieds where it should have been in the first place? biggrin.gif

IPB Image

poke.gif

It's in the classifieds. biggrin.gif that's where it sold from. mad.gif

Bitch don't make me put on a pink shirt and fly over there! ar15.gif

What? Oh, sorry. Salmon. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.