Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: front clip or parts. I know some of you have a hulk in your yard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rick 918-S
I'm putting out feelers for a front clip or front clip sections. I'm only looking for parts in original paint. I'm not interested in any parts that have a repair and could be hiding damage.

Complete right and left fenders. I can separate the fenders from the inner panels myself. If you have a parts car and want to cut these off I will tell you how I want them cut to ensure I am able to split the parts I need from the parts I don't.

Another option is a complete front clip cut through the floor. I can salvage what I need from there.

Candidates: 1970-72 only. I am not interested in anything with rust, damage or repaints.

Another option I'm interested in is a straight nose panel with headlight buckets. The parts should come to me cut just in front of the gas tank bulkhead. through the fenders and trunk floor. no damage to the front panel, headlight buckets or bumper braces. No rust.

Also 1970-72

Here is a photo of a partially trimmed nose panel. It takes hours and hours to dissect the parts and end up with this section.

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
Good thing you aren't picky. poke.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Nov 10 2013, 07:33 PM) *

Good thing you aren't picky. poke.gif

I know your poking fun at me shoe but for the benefit of others that don't know us and think your being a wise guy here is my logic.

When your spending hours cutting and trimming a panel to bring it back to a place where you can attach it like the factory did with spot welders there is no point in having to repair rust and damage as well. So I have to be kind of picky when I am expending that much effort.

It will likely take 2 or 3 donors to get what I need. I already split apart a front clip for a nice trunk floor and gas tank bulkhead. Here it is as I was trimming off what I wasn't able to use.

Click to view attachment
gms
Check with Garold Shaffer, he just picked up 2 early cars
i will email him this link
rick 918-S
QUOTE(gms @ Nov 10 2013, 07:54 PM) *

Check with Garold Shaffer, he just picked up 2 early cars
i will email him this link

We have been chatting. Thanks Glen!
Rob-O
I know it's a ways from MN, but there was a guy selling a front clip on CL here in Dallas. Looked like original paint and straight.

Not trying to take a sale away from Garold, but if that falls through...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Nov 11 2013, 12:52 PM) *

I know it's a ways from MN, but there was a guy selling a front clip on CL here in Dallas. Looked like original paint and straight.

The clip Garold has may be too rusted. He's still checking it out. We are both in the iron belt here. Everything turns back into iron ore after a couple dozen winters.

I'll check the list thanks. smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Nov 11 2013, 12:52 PM) *

No worries right now I don't have any good clips for Rick.
Rob-O
Understood on the iron ore comment. I grew up in Detroit, in the 70's, before galvanization was popular. Cars don't last long trudging through salt covered snow.

I'll see if I can find that clip on CL. If you're really interested I could pop out and take a look if pictures won't cut it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.